Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Door speakers and amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door speakers and amp

Want my truck to sound loud and clear like a newer car with a excellent stereo so i figured id need to do upgraded 4 door speakers and an amp but what specifications should i look for when buying them like what amp is sufficent fir door speakers
Old 04-05-2012, 10:34 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Stick with cleaner amps. Alpine is always my pick, for mids and highs that is. Some amps are built with subs in mind. Also look at your amp class. I believe AB is better for doors and D is better for subs. Then you can get picky and start looking at the type of power supply used, things like that. Just match your rms power and impedance best you can to your speaker and you'll get clean sound. Remember the more precisely you power the speaker the more control it has, this is what gets you "loud and clear". Good luck.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:09 PM

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

From Crutchfield;
How powerful an amp do I need?
Choose an amplifier whose power output is rated at least 75% to 150% of the power handling of the speakers you'll be amplifying. Make sure you're comparing the RMS power ratings of both the amp and speakers. And remember — it's better to overpower your speakers a little than to send them too little power.

http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/lea...ing_guide.html
Old 04-06-2012, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys helpful

Quick Reply: Door speakers and amp