Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Door speaker intermittent, again

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door speaker intermittent, again

My 2010 F150 Super Crew cab developed an intermittent speaker in the driver's side door just before going out of warranty. I took it in and they replaced the speaker which fixed the problem. Now, about nine months later, the same problem has started up again. Is there some known issue other than a failed speaker that may be causing this? I'm thinking that it could be a connector issue that, when the speaker was replaced, disturbing it caused the connection to reestablish for a while.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:44 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mcoley
My 2010 F150 Super Crew cab developed an intermittent speaker in the driver's side door just before going out of warranty. I took it in and they replaced the speaker which fixed the problem. Now, about nine months later, the same problem has started up again. Is there some known issue other than a failed speaker that may be causing this? I'm thinking that it could be a connector issue that, when the speaker was replaced, disturbing it caused the connection to reestablish for a while.
Yes water gets in there
Old 08-22-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

I fried a $600 pair of speakers due to water getting past the door seals.

I've since installed these http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...Bay-VXT62.html

Quick Reply: Door speaker intermittent, again