Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Door speaker idea

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:18 PM
lives in wrong state

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Door speaker idea

Ok i finally got some money saved up and have decided to put it towards speakers for my truck. Its a 2002 ext cab with upgraded JVC KD- HDR20 (whatever the final part means). I got it for christmas last year. I have no clue about speakers. So any input or ideas would be appriciated.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

What's your budget?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:53 PM
lives in wrong state

I got $200. Thinking maybe just the front speakers for now, do back later
Old 09-11-2010, 12:27 AM

If your just running off your new head unit with no amp any 2 or 3 way aftermarket speaker will sound much better than stock. You can find two pairs in your budget range. Try crutchfield to see what they have to offer. They give you everything you need to install the speakers as well as all the literature on how to remove your door panels.

If you are able to spend about $50 bucks more you could just do the fronts and power them with a small amp to help boost the sound quality and volume. I would go this route so all you would need to do down the road is add an amp and a sub for your super low end and your set!

Infinity& Polk audio make some inexpensive component setups that would work in your budget. What ever you do take it in steps so your not back tracking. If you want a banging setup down the road I would do the components first, amp on the components second, and then sub and sub amp. Make sure you wire up the amps using good cabling. If your not sure how to install ask around. I used to install alarms and car stereos in college for 3 years. I've done it all. I just don't have any experience with the newer cars and some of the newer systems they have in place, but your truck is pretty simple in terms of upgrade path.

Whatever you do...good luck!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:03 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

I'd go with some decent value 6.5" components for the front doors, a cheap amp kit, and a used 2 channel amp for $200.

Quick Reply: Door speaker idea