Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Diamond or Quarts

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond or Quarts

I am going to be replacing my door speakers and I am currently trying to decide between the 6.5" Diamond Audio Hex or the MB Quart PVI 216. I know MB Quart is owned by a Chinese based company and I am not overly concerned about that. I was thinking of buying the MB Quart 4125 amp to run the speakers. Anyone have any input on which speakers they would run? Hopefully some folks have heard the Quarts. Also, what is the German Maestro equivalant of the MB Quart PVI 216's?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

I'd be wary of running the Quarts just because of the bad things I've heard about the quality for the recent years. Don't know if you saw that woofer's etc has the PVIs on sale: http://www.woofersetc.com/p6846/PVI2...ker-System.htm

I've been out of the game for a while, but I haven't heard anything bad about the diamonds, and I think the Image Dynamics name is still holding in there, heard good things about Rainbow, too.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:14 AM

Thanks for the link. I saw that sonicelectronix has them for sale for $40 cheaper and it appears they give you a warranty through them as opposed the manufacturer. Manufactures typically don't warranty products unless sold from an authorized dealer.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:01 PM

I had 2 pairs of Diamond Audio 6.5 components In my Durango, best sound I ever had.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if its not diamond d9 or hex components dont even look at them twice, those are the only 2 of the diamond line that are worth a damn..mb quarts higher lines are amazing so id push those
Old 03-18-2010, 06:53 AM

I went with the MB Quart premiums and they sound good. It's important to note that finding a good spot for the crossover is a pain in the ***. I put 6.5" in my front doors and it took a little work to cut out the old speaker mounts, but they sound real good.

Quick Reply: Diamond or Quarts