Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

In-dash DVD Player

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In-dash DVD Player

Does anyone know how to modify the in-dash DVD payer so that it will continue to play when the truck is not in Park?
Old 01-17-2009, 08:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default dvd

look at the diagram... mine needed a ground signal to let the screen work. Mine went off the emrg brake. and then the light for the brake got a ground then the screen worked.... I then just hooked up a toggle switch and went from that wire of the dvd to the switch, then from the switch to a ground. then when I wanted to have the kids watch a dvd a flip of the switch was all it took.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FOMOCO466
look at the diagram... mine needed a ground signal to let the screen work. Mine went off the emrg brake. and then the light for the brake got a ground then the screen worked.... I then just hooked up a toggle switch and went from that wire of the dvd to the switch, then from the switch to a ground. then when I wanted to have the kids watch a dvd a flip of the switch was all it took.

hes exactly right, ground out the parking brake wire, whether its to a toggle switch or not
Old 01-18-2009, 10:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default dvd

some you can also go into the settings of the player and change them so that the safety features are turned off.

Quick Reply: In-dash DVD Player