Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

In dash DVD help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In dash DVD help

I bought a Dual XDVD8285 and installed it. They have a wire that needs to attach to the emergency brake so I can watch the DVD. I am not sure what they are talking about. I have the wire I just don't know where to attach it. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 PM

you might contact a local installer on the side because if i remember correct they told me if you hook that up the dvd will only work while parked w/ e brake on there is a way to bypass it so it will work while driving
Old 01-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JJNTJ2003
you might contact a local installer on the side because if i remember correct they told me if you hook that up the dvd will only work while parked w/ e brake on there is a way to bypass it so it will work while driving
wrong it dosnt have to be parked to work

what you do is go buy yourself a very nice inexpensive toggle switch, led if you are fine with that, mount it out of the way, attatch one end to a good ground, there are many in the cab, take the other wire that goes to the parking break and attatch it to the other end of the toggle switch, flip to watch a movie, leave it in the on position all the time if you like

and for future reference there is a section for all audio/video equipment
Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 PM

ive never hooked my in dashs up to the parking brake, i know on duals and jensens if you can ground the wire out to a strong ground point it bypasses the ebrake,i did that with my jensen and dual, now i have a kenwood 4000 w.e the model number is i actually had to ground it out the the frame of the truck and than put a relay in and a switch, it all depends the quality of the in dash some r very easy to bypass by simply grounding the wire to the frame, others require relays
hope that helps
Tim
Old 01-30-2009, 09:17 PM

I will try to lacate a good ground tomorrow. Thanks for the input, my kids will be happy.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Black Pearl

I have a JVC and I did the same thing, just grounded the parking break lead and every thing works fine, all the time.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by loganberry
wrong it dosnt have to be parked to work

what you do is go buy yourself a very nice inexpensive toggle switch, led if you are fine with that, mount it out of the way, attatch one end to a good ground, there are many in the cab, take the other wire that goes to the parking break and attatch it to the other end of the toggle switch, flip to watch a movie, leave it in the on position all the time if you like

and for future reference there is a section for all audio/video equipment
notice i said there is away to bypass it

Quick Reply: In dash DVD help