Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Custom Pods. Anyone got some?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Default Custom Pods. Anyone got some?

Hey all, I'm planning on doing 4 sets of RE Audio XXX components in my truck and was just wondering if anyone has done some custom door pods or A-Pillars? The plan is for 3 6.5" Midbass in the front doors, and 3 tweeters in each A-Pillar. Rear is going to be one set. Midbass will be in the stock location, and tweeter will probably be right close by. All this will be run off of 2 DC Audio 175.4's
Old 05-30-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

6 tweets in the pillars...ouch my ears hurt just thinking about it. Curious -what are you trying to accomplish with your setup?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:56 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm running two sets of tweeters. One set with my mids up high in the doors and other set in factory pillars for imaging. Can't imagine 6...holy smokes.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Proudly Canadian

In all honesty... It's more of a "because I can" type thing. lol!! I want something custom looking, and I think this is going to look pretty badass once it's all done. Also, I'm thinking of eventually doing a wall in the back, so I figure in the off-chance I do, at least my mids and highs will have a chance of keeping up with it.

Edit: Plus, my plans for subs are constantly changing in my head. Anywhere from 4 DC XLm2 on a DC 7.5k (or 2 3.5K) to 4 RE SXX on a 5K, to some type of wall design, to whatever my mind comes up with next. So this way I can go stupid and still not worry about anything (all this planning, and I don't even have my DC 8's in!! hahaha)

Last edited by clpeller; 05-30-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Eat. Sleep. Lift.

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I heard DC is awesome let me know how then amps perform.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Proudly Canadian

Will do for sure man! Once the amps come in and all the work starts happening I'll be posting up another thread in this section to show the progress. I just wish it wasn't taking soooooo long for the amps to get here
Old 05-31-2012, 07:37 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by clpeller
In all honesty... It's more of a "because I can" type thing. lol!! I want something custom looking, and I think this is going to look pretty badass once it's all done. Also, I'm thinking of eventually doing a wall in the back, so I figure in the off-chance I do, at least my mids and highs will have a chance of keeping up with it.

Edit: Plus, my plans for subs are constantly changing in my head. Anywhere from 4 DC XLm2 on a DC 7.5k (or 2 3.5K) to 4 RE SXX on a 5K, to some type of wall design, to whatever my mind comes up with next. So this way I can go stupid and still not worry about anything (all this planning, and I don't even have my DC 8's in!! hahaha)
I would run a 3.5K per sub...
Old 05-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Proudly Canadian

Oops!! That was if I ran level 4's. if I do XL it's 2 5k's, I think. I dunno, like I said. Toooooo Many different ideas running through my head. Lol. Probably just gonna roll with the 8's though until winter is over. Imma finish the jeep this winter, then my toy fund will be allll for the truck again Unless I find myself a purty new go-fast toy for next spring. Hahaha.

Quick Reply: Custom Pods. Anyone got some?