Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

A couple of questions on wiring AVH-X5600BHS

Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Domestic Newb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of questions on wiring AVH-X5600BHS

Hi all, I'm in the process of splicing the harness in to install my new receiver this weekend. Most of it is simple and matching colors on the wires but I ad a few questions and my Google skills have failed me. I've found associated threads but not exactly what I need. Edit: This is going in my 2006 Screw F150 Lariat with Audiophile.

I'm using Metra 70-5521 harness kit as I have the audiophile system in my truck with the factory sub. The smaller plug that came for the amp has the two RCA cables to plug into the back of the radio, but there are two blue/white wires that say amp turn-on. Do you only wire one of those into the wire for the HU, or wire both in? I plan to install the voltage regulator to eliminate the pop on the sub I've been reading about. Also, the large connector for the HU has a blue/white wire that says amp turn-on. Do I even need this since the connection for the amp is through the smaller plug? I'm thinking I just need to leave that wire alone. See pic for reference (thanks to the guy that posted this pic on a mustang forum, I shamelessly stole it for this):

Name:  Wires.jpg
Views: 3917
Size:  54.3 KB

Also I was curious what the plug on the left is for:

Name:  Plug.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  42.0 KB

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ChemESGH; 01-09-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Domestic Newb

Well I think I found an answer to using one or both of the amp turn on wires from the smaller Metra plug. The pic below shows what someone (again on a Mustang forum) did using the same harness and the voltage regulator ill be using.

Name:  P1060120.jpg
Views: 3050
Size:  103.9 KB

I'm guessing then the amp turn-on wire on the bigger Metra plug is not needed then.

Still don't know what the gray plug in the 2nd pic above is!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Domestic Newb

Here's what I learned so far:

Both the blue (power antenna) and blue/white (amp turn-on) wires on the Metra harness big plug for the radio aren't needed. These come in pin locations 5 and 7, which the diagram shows as not used:

However, I found out I needed two wires in pin locations 18 (signal) and 19 (ground) on the Metra harness because I installed the Metra ASWC-1 steering wheel interface so I could keep using my steering wheel controls. I pulled both of the blue wires and pins (huge pain in the butt), and re-pinned them to the right spots.

I soldered in the voltage regulator last night and have everything wired together, now to install the backup camera and run the video cable up front, run the bluetooth microphone wire in the cab and tap into a reverse signal wire and I'll be ready to test it out and put it back together. Should be a fun Saturday!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:36 PM

how did this all turn out for you? How do you like the HU? I'm considering the same thing or the 8500bhs and want to add the reverse camera and the steering wheel control adapter. I have a couple of 10's laying around that may find their way under the back seat as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A couple of questions on wiring AVH-X5600BHS