Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Couple questions before install

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 08:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Couple questions before install

Have a 15 f150. Going to attempt this install this weekend or thanksgiving weekend. On my last truck my buddy helped. After install I lost the sync lady's voice. I could still tell it what to do but could not hear her. This time I want to keep her. How? Last time we took the rear speaks output from hu to a h660 processer. Then cut harness and ran speed wire to fronts/rears from amp. Looking at my 15 same damn molex in doors so going to go the same route as last time. Can I just splice output from hu fronts to the speed wire and stock wire to keep sync voice? Also can the h660 remote sensing turn on 2 amps? Can I wire the remote turn on to first amp then just add another from first amp to second? These are the only 2 things running through my head as issues before I start popping doors. Thank you guys for any advice AGAIN)
Old 11-18-2015, 09:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Someone else can probably chime in as well but Sync uses the front outputs for the voice. The last install you said you ran from the amp to the front/rear speakers. Essentially cutting out the link from the HU (Front - Sync voice) signal to the front speakers.
Your new install will need to receive the signal from the front HU output in order to maintain the sync voice.
Cannot comment on the remote turn as I am unfamiliar with the h660.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by UH60Hosier
Someone else can probably chime in as well but Sync uses the front outputs for the voice. The last install you said you ran from the amp to the front/rear speakers. Essentially cutting out the link from the HU (Front - Sync voice) signal to the front speakers.
Your new install will need to receive the signal from the front HU output in order to maintain the sync voice.
Cannot comment on the remote turn as I am unfamiliar with the h660.
So would it be ok to splice the output from hu into the stock wire with the amp? If that makes sense. Since it is being cut. Like cut hu output splice it with the wire coming in from amp then butt connect it with the stock wiring running to doors? So I'll have hu wire and amp wire connecting back to original way. Trying to explain that was a lot harder than I thought lol.
The following users liked this post:
pettis (12-31-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 04:07 PM

Also think I am going to tap a fuse. Instead of using auto sensing. Should I tap radio fuse? Then just daisy chain it from processer to amp to last amp?

Old 11-19-2015, 04:24 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Gone11
So would it be ok to splice the output from hu into the stock wire with the amp? If that makes sense. Since it is being cut. Like cut hu output splice it with the wire coming in from amp then butt connect it with the stock wiring running to doors? So I'll have hu wire and amp wire connecting back to original way. Trying to explain that was a lot harder than I thought lol.
Why not switch the input wires used for the amp from the rear speakers to the front?
Old 11-19-2015, 05:15 PM

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

I had problems when tapping the Radio fuse (33) for an amp turn on - gives you the whomp whomp surge when a door opens. Use fuse 23 instead.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:22 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Why not switch the input wires used for the amp from the rear speakers to the front?
He wants to still hear the Sync voice and if he cuts the connection from the HU "front" output direct to the speakers he will lose the voice. Correct? So if he tapped the rear speakers - then to the amp - then back to both the front and rear speakers he would essentially not have the "front" speaker output from the HU going to anything.

Only thing I could think of for the remote turn on and using the fuse panel tap is if you turn the radio "off" then amp would remain on the whole time while driving.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:24 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by UH60Hosier
He wants to still hear the Sync voice and if he cuts the connection from the HU "front" output direct to the speakers he will lose the voice. Correct? So if he tapped the rear speakers - then to the amp - then back to both the front and rear speakers he would essentially not have the "front" speaker output from the HU going to anything.

Only thing I could think of for the remote turn on and using the fuse panel tap is if you turn the radio "off" then amp would remain on the whole time while driving.
I understood that he was tapping the rear speakers now to feed his amp. I would think if he switched to using the front speakers to feed the amp that would eliminate his problem with Sync.
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
I understood that he was tapping the rear speakers now to feed his amp. I would think if he switched to using the front speakers to feed the amp that would eliminate his problem with Sync.
Good idea, looking at old pictures he tapped the front and rears to the h660. And I did not have voice. So I am not sure if the voice would work if tapped alone or not. Might say screw it and roll without voice like before lol. My local shop wanted 190 dollars to hook up the h660 so I'm for sure doing this alone here
Old 11-20-2015, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by BStrummin
I had problems when tapping the Radio fuse (33) for an amp turn on - gives you the whomp whomp surge when a door opens. Use fuse 23 instead.
Nice, 23 is pdrg switch, inverter, drivers side window, moon roof. That right? Book shows a amplifier fuse under hood. Even though I do not have a stock amp that should work also correct? Then just daisy chain h660 and the 2 amps off that add a fuse remote? Or get a relay? In my 13 I got that noise from opening doors on the auto sensing. Trying not to hear that this time. .. Thank you everyone for input. Will get this figured out

Last edited by Gone11; 11-20-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Couple questions before install