Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Connecting Sirius Receiver 2012 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Connecting Sirius Receiver 2012 F-150

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere here, but I gave an honest effort trying to find a post that answered my question, but 2 hours with no luck, I decided to ask...
I just got a 2012 XLT Screw, of course it has the Sirius button, but not connected. I have the Sirius antenna and receiver modules, but is anyone able to walk me through the install process? I'm no stranger to electronics, but I am a stranger to new Ford trucks... my '84 Ranger was much simpler.Thanks!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:07 PM
TK5

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just to be clear, you want to hook up an aftermarket sirius tuner to the stock radio so that when you press the Sirius button it will work on the stock radio?

I'm not sure that will work.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:05 PM

I want to install the Sirius receiver (not a different head unit, just the guts that go behind the dash) and antenna I already have to activate the Sirius feature on the stock Ford stereo. I have the Sirius button, but Ford didn't install the receiver or antenna for the Sirius to be able to be activated. When I press the button, it says "NO SAT RADIO". To activate the Sirius sat radio, you need to have a receiver plugged into the stock stereo and connect an antenna to the receiver. I want to know how to do that. Ford charges several hundred dollars for the receiver and antenna, plus of course more to install it. I have the hardware, I just need to know how to get to wherever it gets plugged into. From what I understand, there is a plug somewhere behind the dash that you plug the receiver into and the Sirius radio will be live. I have a lifetime subscription on this receiver, and according to Sirius, all I have to do is install it and connect it to the stock radio. Sorry, that was hard to explain.

Last edited by Mike Vidal; 02-17-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:36 PM
TK5

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What model Sirius Sat Receiver do you have?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:37 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Vidal
I want to install the Sirius receiver (not a different head unit, just the guts that go behind the dash) and antenna I already have to activate the Sirius feature on the stock Ford stereo. I have the Sirius button, but Ford didn't install the receiver or antenna for the Sirius to be able to be activated. When I press the button, it says "NO SAT RADIO". To activate the Sirius sat radio, you need to have a receiver plugged into the stock stereo and connect an antenna to the receiver. I want to know how to do that. Ford charges several hundred dollars for the receiver and antenna, plus of course more to install it. I have the hardware, I just need to know how to get to wherever it gets plugged into. From what I understand, there is a plug somewhere behind the dash that you plug the receiver into and the Sirius radio will be live. I have a lifetime subscription on this receiver, and according to Sirius, all I have to do is install it and connect it to the stock radio. Sorry, that was hard to explain.
The new F150s have the sirius built into the headunit if you have sirius. They all have the button weather they have it or not. What sirius receiver do u have?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:14 PM

The Sirius SCC1. Its actually the tuner... The antenna plugs into the SCC1, the SCC1 should plug into the stock Ford head unit according to the guy at Sirius.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:46 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Vidal
The Sirius SCC1. Its actually the tuner... The antenna plugs into the SCC1, the SCC1 should plug into the stock Ford head unit according to the guy at Sirius.
No it won't.
http://www.accessorides.com/product_...radio-kit-p-87
http://store.xmfanstore.com/complete...n-mercury.html

Last edited by Wyo11Scab; 02-18-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM

ok thank you.

Quick Reply: Connecting Sirius Receiver 2012 F-150