Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Compact Amp's

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 10:46 AM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Compact Amp's

I have a 2012 STX Super cab. Looking for thoughts on a small amp to run the front/rear door speakers. Clarion and Pioneer have small amps that could basically fit in the glove box and are super easy to wire in. I'm keeping the stock radio and I already have subs for the back waiting to go in so I don't want to go all out and run wire's everywhere. You can get them on amazon for basically $80

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130GMD1...04.html?tp=115

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020XC14...10.html?tp=115
Old 09-07-2016, 11:47 AM

Received 272 Likes on 188 Posts

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...NVX-MVPA4.html

Running one of these on my Harley. Works fine and haven't had any issues with overheating.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:11 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I wouldn't hesitate on the NVX amp. I didn't know anything anything about them, but decided to try one of their 5 channel models to run my whole setup. Power ratings seem to be underrated based on 3rd party testing. Mine has been great so far, and I would highly recommend their products!
Old 09-07-2016, 06:03 PM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Alpine KTP-445U

This is what I have...

https://www.amazon.com/Alpine-KTP-44...lpine+ktp-445u
Old 09-08-2016, 09:04 AM

Thanks guys. Anyone have info on how to change the rear speakers? Does the whole door panel have to come off?
Old 09-08-2016, 11:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jay_g
Thanks guys. Anyone have info on how to change the rear speakers? Does the whole door panel have to come off?
Yep. Not hard to do just need a plastic trim remover tool and a screwdriver. Several videos on youtube
Old 09-09-2016, 09:03 AM

I went with Rockford Fosgate Punch P1683 6x8's front and rear and the Pioneer GM-D1004. Also grabbed a PAC AOEM-FRD24 so I don't have to cut up the factory harness and still be able to add an amp for my box later on. I didn't want to go nuts with the doors but this should be huge improvement over stock speakers running off of the factory deck.

Next is to figure out what to do for subs. I have a Bbox from Atrend that fits 2 10's and I'm really not sure on what to go with for it. Sonic recommended Kicker CVT104's . Thoughts?
Old 09-11-2016, 06:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryH22
Did you run a power from the battery or just use the power that was there? Was there lots of room behind the dash? Thanks
Old 09-12-2016, 11:09 AM

I got the door speakers installed but I didn't get a change to finish the install of the amp yet but I do have it mounted and the pac wire harness is done. Supposedly you can use the power wire from the radio but I'm going to run one directly from the battery. Just with the stock radio the speakers sound better. These are just 6x8's so the bass wont pound but the highs are much better and are a lot louder. I don't have to have the radio cranked to hear it with the windows down.

I wanted to be able to access the amp and keep it hidden so I mounted it in the glove box. I did pull the radio out so see whats behind but there really isn't a good place to put it. Some reviews say it can run a little hot so I used a couple nylon spacers so it wasn't directly against the back. I have a few computer fans laying around so if need be I can throw one on those in there.

Name:  IMG_20160911_184959_zpsyswgu6h5.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  188.9 KB
Old 09-12-2016, 11:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jay_g
I got the door speakers installed but I didn't get a change to finish the install of the amp yet but I do have it mounted and the pac wire harness is done. Supposedly you can use the power wire from the radio but I'm going to run one directly from the battery. Just with the stock radio the speakers sound better. These are just 6x8's so the bass wont pound but the highs are much better and are a lot louder. I don't have to have the radio cranked to hear it with the windows down.

I wanted to be able to access the amp and keep it hidden so I mounted it in the glove box. I did pull the radio out so see whats behind but there really isn't a good place to put it. Some reviews say it can run a little hot so I used a couple nylon spacers so it wasn't directly against the back. I have a few computer fans laying around so if need be I can throw one on those in there.

Which pac wiring harness did you use?

Quick Reply: Compact Amp's