Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Climate Control Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Control Not Working

I posted this in the 2009 & up forum, so I apologize if your seeing this twice. I just thought someone here might also have some insight...

Ok, I'm running speaker wire and removed (took it loose from the mounting brackets but didn't remove any wires) the fuse box to get to the molex connector. I had the negative battery cable removed.

When I got everything back like it was, I replaced the battery cable. Everything works fine, but the Climate Control (has seat heater controls, heater/ac, air flow controls). It has no lights and doesn't respond. I've checked the fuse (inside the truck #46 - 10 amp) and it's fine. I've verified by checking for power on both sides of the fuse, and I have power. I've read up and down the manual looking for other fuses or relays related to the climate control and can't find anything.

I tried taking the battery cable off and letting is sit for 30-40 minutes. It didn't help, but I noticed that when the CD player was cycling through the CD's, the Climate Control Module came on for a couple of seconds, then went off again. I'm thinking it's a relay or something...

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

2011 Lariat 6.2 4x4
Base style 6 disk CD (no nav Sony)
Heated/AC seats

Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Sounds like it could only be the main power wire from the fuse box to the control panel. You must of jiggled something loose behind the fuse box.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Sounds like it could only be the main power wire from the fuse box to the control panel. You must of jiggled something loose behind the fuse box.
Thanks for the response. I thought the same thing. I've check/reconnected all connectors running from the box and any pretty much any that are under the dash... Plus, when I disconnect and reconnect the battery the unit lights up briefly.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

You got me. I would take it in under warranty and let them find the problem. Maybe something shorted out in the climate control module
Old 04-14-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you may have pinched the BUS wire or forgotten to put the ground back on. I have taken mine off many times. The wire is tiny, and may have been overlooked. Also, if you were under the passenger seat at all, the bus wire runs through there as well. If you mounted an amp or something into the carpet under the seat, be careful where you screw into the carpet pad.

Quick Reply: Climate Control Not Working