Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Clarion XC1410 amp and PAC FRD24 install

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:54 AM

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Default Clarion XC1410 amp and PAC FRD24 install

I am going to attempt to install this to my stock HU. Is this total plug n play?
I am going to use the RCA connectors to connect the amp and the pac. There is a blue and white remote turn on lead extra wire located at the end with the RCA connectors, Is this to add something extra? Also I bought a Fosgate install kit with the hot and ground wires. I think that those 2 are all I have to wire, right? Where would you place this amp and ground it at? It is pretty small. My RCA cables that I bought to connect the amp and PAC are 1.5 feet long. Thanks for any help you all can give me.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:05 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Koolponycar
I am going to attempt to install this to my stock HU. Is this total plug n play?
I am going to use the RCA connectors to connect the amp and the pac. There is a blue and white remote turn on lead extra wire located at the end with the RCA connectors, Is this to add something extra? Also I bought a Fosgate install kit with the hot and ground wires. I think that those 2 are all I have to wire, right? Where would you place this amp and ground it at? It is pretty small. My RCA cables that I bought to connect the amp and PAC are 1.5 feet long. Thanks for any help you all can give me.
You will need to run power, ground, and remote turn on (RTO) leads. The blue and white wire is a RTO that tells your amp to turn on and off. It will need to be hooked up to the remote input on the amp or you will get no sound. I like to put my amps under the seats and ground to a seat bolt. You'll need a longer set of RCA cables. There is no place to mount an amp within 1.5 feet of where your PAC unit will be
Old 06-14-2014, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by king nothing
You will need to run power, ground, and remote turn on (RTO) leads. The blue and white wire is a RTO that tells your amp to turn on and off. It will need to be hooked up to the remote input on the amp or you will get no sound. I like to put my amps under the seats and ground to a seat bolt. You'll need a longer set of RCA cables. There is no place to mount an amp within 1.5 feet of where your PAC unit will be
OK, thanks. I was thinking that the blue and white wire in the pac that connects the HU,pac and amp took care of this as it is the remote turn on as well. It is in the 2 adjoining harnesses.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:24 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

OK, thanks. I was thinking that the blue and white wire in the pac that connects the HU,pac and amp took care of this as it is the remote turn on as well. It is in the 2 adjoining harnesses.
In the PAC you will have 2 red rca and 2 white rca and a blue/white turn on wire. That is the one you run back to the amp to turn it on. It does not connect to the factory HU at all.
The following users liked this post:
Koolponycar (06-15-2014)
Old 06-15-2014, 11:30 PM

M.Wenrich did a review on Amazon about half way down this page.http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...R3D4P3ZCL11HAF
He basically tells how to splice into the PAC speaker wires going back out to the factory side, then connecting the remote lead,RCA's,hot and ground. Just what you guys have been telling me, just I see it clearer now. Thanks and this post might help another novice just trying to add a amp only to the factory HU. I am going to take Talleyman89's advice and talk to a local shop i know first. Thanks everyone for your help and messages.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:11 AM

M.Wenrich did a review on Amazon about half way down this page.http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...R3D4P3ZCL11HAF
He basically tells how to splice into the PAC speaker wires going back out to the factory side, then connecting the remote lead,RCA's,hot and ground. Just what you guys have been telling me, just I see it clearer now. Thanks and this post might help another novice just trying to add a amp only to the factory HU. I am going to take Talleyman89's advice and talk to a local shop i know first. Thanks everyone for your help and messages.
You unplug the factory connector and plug the PAC into it. You will see once you get the dash apart. Then one pair of the RCA's and the blue/white turn on wire goes back to the amp
Old 06-17-2014, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
You unplug the factory connector and plug the PAC into it. You will see once you get the dash apart. Then one pair of the RCA's and the blue/white turn on wire goes back to the amp
Thanks, thats what I have come to conclusion. And the speaker wires from the amp I plan on tapping into the PAC female harness that is plugged to the factory male end going back out to the trucks speakers. That way I retain my stock side factory wires. What do you guys think of these type connectors for tapping the speaker wires? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271343508121?lpid=82
Old 06-17-2014, 09:20 PM

Thanks, thats what I have come to conclusion. And the speaker wires from the amp I plan on tapping into the PAC female harness that is plugged to the factory male end going back out to the trucks speakers. That way I retain my stock side factory wires. What do you guys think of these type connectors for tapping the speaker wires? 100 Scotchlok Quick Splice Wire Connectors 22 10 Gauge Scotchloks Instant Taps | eBay
Don't tap them without cutting them. That way you don't get power to your speakers from the HU and the amp.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:27 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Don't tap them without cutting them. That way you don't get power to your speakers from the HU and the amp.
Yeah, you'll need to cut and splice the PAC speaker outputs, not tap them.......
Old 06-17-2014, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by king nothing
Yeah, you'll need to cut and splice the PAC speaker outputs, not tap them.......
OK, that looks easy, but I definitely want a good connection. Thanks to both of you, I will definitely cut and splice. I will probably slide some heat shrink tubes over the connections for extra insulation. I am not going to do this until Sunday or Monday due to work. I have had recommendations to ground to one of the seats. This amp and PAC is small enough to put all behind the HU. Do you all know of a place to ground toward/under the dash area? I really haven't looked that part over good yet,but I know a good ground is very important. Thanks again to all of you. I like learning about new things, or at least new to me,lol

Quick Reply: Clarion XC1410 amp and PAC FRD24 install