Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Cheap backup cameras

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 AM

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Cheap backup cameras

Has any one had any luck from any of the cheap backup cameras on amazon? The ones that are between $15-30? I just want a cheap backup camera that has a decent picture and lens angle. The reviews are all over the place on them, so I'd like to hear if you guys have had any luck with them. I also want to get a camera for the front end like the raptor has and run it to my aux video input on my head unit. Obviously I'm not looking for amazing quality stuff here, just something that will work and is functional.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:26 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by 150FX4ever
Has any one had any luck from any of the cheap backup cameras on amazon? The ones that are between $15-30? I just want a cheap backup camera that has a decent picture and lens angle. The reviews are all over the place on them, so I'd like to hear if you guys have had any luck with them. I also want to get a camera for the front end like the raptor has and run it to my aux video input on my head unit. Obviously I'm not looking for amazing quality stuff here, just something that will work and is functional.
They work untill you get water in them then you can't see anything. If you try one then silicone all the "joints" first.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 PM

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab

They work untill you get water in them then you can't see anything. If you try one then silicone all the "joints" first.
So if I try to seal it and jut be careful washing I should be okay? The front one should be pretty protected in the grille, I'm just worried about the rear one in the bumper getting wet and muddy
Old 05-02-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by 150FX4ever
So if I try to seal it and jut be careful washing I should be okay? The front one should be pretty protected in the grille, I'm just worried about the rear one in the bumper getting wet and muddy
It will help but not guarenteed

Quick Reply: Cheap backup cameras