Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

center console sub box

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 12:22 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts
Default center console sub box

I was perusing eBay when i stumbled across this

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121505419087?nav=SEARCH
Which led me to their Facebook page. Looks like pretty good quality. The best part about these is you have around 10 inches of mounting depth and 2.5 ft3 to work with. Thats enough space for a serious pair of subs. No compromises necessary. They are expensive though at around $400. Im considering contacting them to see if they will sell me one at a discount in exchange for reviews on all the relevant forums I am on.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:25 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

King
That looks good. A factory center console will cost you $400 on eBay. Looks like this one will just sit in the same spot with no mounting bolts?
Old 01-05-2015, 10:01 PM

That's what it looks like. I think if you had one of these consoles you would definitely want to find some way to mount it down. Probably weigh in the neighborhood of 150 pounds when loaded. Can you imagine that flying around in a rollover? I'm thinking of building something like this. I have all the tools, just don't have the subs to use in it
Old 03-01-2015, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just read about this box on here and checked out the web web page. Looks really nice and i'm waiting to hear back from them about if they have any ideas on subs, or what some of their customers have used? 2.48 cubic feet of airspace is kind of alot and i don't know what subs would do good in it. Pretty sure i would go with the 2 12's, possibly the 10's, but it depends on what i find i guess. either of you have any ideas on subs??? i have heard alot of people on here talking about re's and sundowns, but would consider other options.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by jesterdaclown
i just read about this box on here and checked out the web web page. Looks really nice and i'm waiting to hear back from them about if they have any ideas on subs, or what some of their customers have used? 2.48 cubic feet of airspace is kind of alot and i don't know what subs would do good in it. Pretty sure i would go with the 2 12's, possibly the 10's, but it depends on what i find i guess. either of you have any ideas on subs??? i have heard alot of people on here talking about re's and sundowns, but would consider other options.
At 2.48 cu ft you are looking at 2 12s sealed or 2 10s ported or a 15 sealed if the width of the console will allow. Sundown makes nice stuff, and 2 SA12s would rock out. I also like Fi SSDs as well.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to the company today and they said the boxes they sell locally they usually use rockford fosgate subs. I'm seriously thinking of getting the console but i'm leaning toward three different subs. Any thoughts on either dc audio level 2's, re audio sexv2's, or sundown audio's sa12's. Any of them would be 12's, thing is I've never used any of these companies before and reading reviews i think they are all pretty comparable. Any help would be nice, or guidance to a better place to ask around on here would be great also, thank you.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by jesterdaclown
I talked to the company today and they said the boxes they sell locally they usually use rockford fosgate subs. I'm seriously thinking of getting the console but i'm leaning toward three different subs. Any thoughts on either dc audio level 2's, re audio sexv2's, or sundown audio's sa12's. Any of them would be 12's, thing is I've never used any of these companies before and reading reviews i think they are all pretty comparable. Any help would be nice, or guidance to a better place to ask around on here would be great also, thank you.
Of those three I would look at the Sundowns, then the DCs. RE isn't what they used to be, although they would probably be adequate for you. Don't be afraid to look at less expensive options like American Bass or Cadence either. Pretty good bang for the buck. A pair of FI SSDs would be awesome in that box, but are a little bit more pricy than some of the other options. I would be very interested to know if that box has enough width to pull off a 15. 2.5 ft3 is about right for a single sealed 15. An FI q15 or SSD 15 would be sick

Last edited by king nothing; 03-02-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Quick Reply: center console sub box