Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Center Channel Speaker Sony System

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Ford for life!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Center Channel Speaker Sony System

For those who have completely replaced the sony premium sound what did yall do with the center channel speaker? I have 4 new door speakers components up front coax in rear and running off an external amp. Since i have the mrsfd1 pac harness and all the wiring hooked up to my aftermarket radio it still plays through the center channel while i have pre outs for the four channel amp and new wiring from there to the door speaker. so should i just simply diconnect the center channel speaker? will it affect the SQ?
Old 12-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Problem Solver

Received 358 Likes on 262 Posts

Disconnecting it would lessen the "surround" sense of feeling, are your new speakers amped? If you didn't amp the new door speakers you could upgrade that center speaker and run both left and right signals to it to keep the full surround effect. IDK if that would overwork the HU though...
Old 12-08-2011, 05:40 PM

I had a 2009 and just disconnected the center speaker. Getting ready to put that system in a 2011.

I have a good amp, did not miss the center channel at all.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Ford for life!

Aw thanks, thats what i was leaning toward just wanted to see what other ppl have done, hate to have all aftermarket and the one thing factory throwing it off

Quick Reply: Center Channel Speaker Sony System