Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Can I Transplant My TV Speakers and Subs Into My Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Can I Transplant My TV Speakers and Subs Into My Truck?

I know a lot of people might think this is crazy, but my tv hits really hard and it shakes my apartment and I often get noise complaints from my neighbors. But the screen is going out and since i got it for free I was thinking about transplanting it into a custom made sub/speaker box into my F150 behind my front seats. Its a sony rear projection tv with a "Energy Star TruSurround" sound system underneath.

is this even possible? and if so, how achievable is it? i can make the box and install them, but i would get it professionally wired
Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-12-2012, 11:54 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by 2004 Ford F150
I know a lot of people might think this is crazy, but my tv hits really hard and it shakes my apartment and I often get noise complaints from my neighbors. But the screen is going out and since i got it for free I was thinking about transplanting it into a custom made sub/speaker box into my F150 behind my front seats. Its a sony rear projection tv with a "Energy Star TruSurround" sound system underneath.

is this even possible? and if so, how achievable is it? i can make the box and install them, but i would get it professionally wired
You could make them work but why????
The TruSurround is built into the TV sound processor so that won't help you. The TV speakers are real crappy and just because they sound good in your TV doesn't mean they will in your truck. Just spend a little and get the correct equipment.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab

You could make them work but why????
The TruSurround is built into the TV sound processor so that won't help you. The TV speakers are real crappy and just because they sound good in your TV doesn't mean they will in your truck. Just spend a little and get the correct equipment.
I'm just wondering if it's possible, I know it sounds stupid. I'm just curious if it's worth doing, but it sounds like it isn't
Old 04-13-2012, 01:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could always loose the back seat and install the tv on the back wall with an inverter. And run video out from the head unit to the tv. Haha lol
Old 04-13-2012, 03:56 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

I guess the Race Red 2011 XLT Scabs with 5.0 have a good sense of humor
Old 04-13-2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by ksillman
You could always loose the back seat and install the tv on the back wall with an inverter. And run video out from the head unit to the tv. Haha lol
Well I don't have a backseat, I have the f150 short extended can with no seats in the back. What is an inverter?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:27 PM

A speaker is a speaker. It's all about the box behind it. Or lack thereof. Is it possible? Absolutely. Recommended? Probably not
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 PM

Power inverter to run the tv, but since you don't have a back set you won't be needing one. You would need a 32 inch LCD to make it work.

Quick Reply: Can I Transplant My TV Speakers and Subs Into My Truck?