Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Can I keep steering controls and factory bluetooth and SYNC with new head unit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I keep steering controls and factory bluetooth and SYNC with new head unit?

I have an older Pioneer avh head unit I'd really like to install but I was hoping to keep the factory bluetooth and steering wheel controls. I've done some digging on here and cant find a definitive answer. When I see "retain ford sync" does that include the bluetooth and voice commands? Then i would assume i just need the steering control adapter? I have a 2011 f150 xlt with the sync system. What in the world do i need to get to keep my steering controls and my sync system and my bluetooth? Is that possible. I've found PAC SWIX Steering Wheel Control Interface but i dont know if that is universal? Do i need to get the Maestro thing as well? As you can tell im really confused haha Sorry for the questions. Maybe there should be a sticky explaining this....Thanks for any help!
Old 06-05-2015, 12:19 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by shaghe00
I have an older Pioneer avh head unit I'd really like to install but I was hoping to keep the factory bluetooth and steering wheel controls. I've done some digging on here and cant find a definitive answer. When I see "retain ford sync" does that include the bluetooth and voice commands? Then i would assume i just need the steering control adapter? I have a 2011 f150 xlt with the sync system. What in the world do i need to get to keep my steering controls and my sync system and my bluetooth? Is that possible. I've found PAC SWIX Steering Wheel Control Interface but i dont know if that is universal? Do i need to get the Maestro thing as well? As you can tell im really confused haha Sorry for the questions. Maybe there should be a sticky explaining this....Thanks for any help!
What model Pioneer?
Maestro should work. It is the simplest.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:33 PM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

yeah maestro rr should work, but you didn`t say what Pioneer radio you had,has to have the port on the back for the maestro to work, its a funny thing is I have a 2011 f150 and I recently had 4100nex in my truck, I took it out in favor for 10.1" galaxy note tablet, so I have the F01 harness and Maestro RR on ebay forsale
Old 06-05-2015, 01:20 PM

I have the AVH P2400BT Pioneer Unit. Im mainly wanting to put this in my truck so I can have my backup camera again.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jeremyha
yeah maestro rr should work, but you didn`t say what Pioneer radio you had,has to have the port on the back for the maestro to work, its a funny thing is I have a 2011 f150 and I recently had 4100nex in my truck, I took it out in favor for 10.1" galaxy note tablet, so I have the F01 harness and Maestro RR on ebay forsale
Do you have the link so I can check it out? It looks like that may be exactly what I need

Last edited by shaghe00; 06-05-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by shaghe00
I have the AVH P2400BT Pioneer Unit. Im mainly wanting to put this in my truck so I can have my backup camera again.
It won't work with Maestro. You will need to use this along with SWC adapter.
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...?ProductId=919
Old 06-05-2015, 08:18 PM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

looks like it would work with the maestro RR, I just went to the Idatalink Meastro RR website and they have the AVH2400BT listed and you can use the wire remote jack on the back with the Maestro RR, here is the link to verify, just put in your Truck info and radio and it will give you PDF for the wiring and install guide.

http://maestro.idatalink.com/product...product_id/102
Old 06-05-2015, 09:20 PM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremyha
looks like it would work with the maestro RR, I just went to the Idatalink Meastro RR website and they have the AVH2400BT listed and you can use the wire remote jack on the back with the Maestro RR, here is the link to verify, just put in your Truck info and radio and it will give you PDF for the wiring and install guide.

http://maestro.idatalink.com/product...product_id/102
It will "work" but will not retain sync. We can only retain Sync with a compatible head unit.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you'll need the PAC msfrd-1 and PAC SWI-RC to keep the steering wheel and sync. At the moment you can't just use the SWI-RC (steering wheel control module) without the msfrd-1 (for sync retention). Also, it's a royal pain in the *** to program the steering wheel controls.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:57 PM

That's why I use the Axcess SWC. Programs its self.

Quick Reply: Can I keep steering controls and factory bluetooth and SYNC with new head unit?