Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Calling everyone urgent Audio Control help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 01:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Calling everyone urgent Audio Control help

I'm going to install the rest of my system tomorrow. I have a Audio Control lc7i. I have a '12 non Sony but with sync. I've already replaced all the speakers to Focal components upfront and 2way in the rear. My question is I was told to hook up my tweeters to main in them my front door speakers on channel 2. After looking around it may be that I need to hook my tweets on main, then my rear doors on channel 2 and my front doors on channel 3. How do you have it?

Also do you just run a fused power line into it straight from the battery or do I need to find a + only when the key is on?
Old 04-30-2016, 11:11 AM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Run power to the unit that's switched power - yes. That prevents the amps from firing on when the truck is off. Use the signal sense to create the remote wire for your amplifiers.

You have 6 channels of input. Most folks 'sum' the front stage (doors and tweeters if they are separate inputs) to create a 'full range' signal. You move some jumpers to sum your front doors and tweeters (ch 1 and Ch 2 inputs) Then you can do with it whatever you want.

Run your rear doors as pass through on ch 3 in and out. Nothing special. This will allow you to keep fader control. I think you have to make sure 'auto mode' is off.

I would use channel 1/main output as your primary summed signal for front stage and a subwoofer. This way, you can get the adjustable remote **** to manage bass as needed as well.

Last edited by CougarCruiser; 04-30-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling everyone urgent Audio Control help