Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

building a downward firing box, questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default building a downward firing box, questions

I am in the process of getting all of my equipment together to install in my 2010 SCREW and have a question regarding the sub enclosure.
I am putting in either a single 10" or 12" probably shallow mount in a sealed box (they seem to require less cubic space). I am wondering about basic box dimension, I know that the cubic foot requirement will change from sub to sub, but I have the following questions...
How far above the floor should the face of the sub be?
Can anyone give me their basic demensions?
I am trying to fit the box under the passenger side of the rear seat. I know that it may extend into part of the 60% side of the rear seat.

I am using a Kappa 5 amp to power my system (mains and sub), should i be looking into a 2 or 4 ohm sub with single or dual voice coils? Amp will do 200x1 RMS at 4 ohms and 300x1 RMS at 2 ohms. Suggestions? I am trying to keep the sub purchase around $100 to $130.

Thanks for the help
Old 10-07-2010, 02:59 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

I'd give at least 1.5" from the face of the bottom of the box to the carpet.

Look for a 2 ohm SVC or a 4 ohm DVC (wired in parallel will give you a 2 ohm load)

Less than you wanted to spend, but the older model of the Infinity reference may squeeze in there. It can be had for cheap, is available in 4 ohm DVC, has a high sensitivity, and has a mounting depth under 5".
http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/in...ence1052w.aspx

Quick Reply: building a downward firing box, questions