Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Boston SR60 Components Added to System :)

Old 08-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Default Boston SR60 Components Added to System :)

I've had several people ask me about these speakers so I wanted to make a separate thread about them for anyone interested. This is in addition to the thread I made about the rest of my system install found here:

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/my-ste...ercrew-105465/

I went with Kappa's in all 4 doors and was fine with them for the most part, but I listen to a lot of hard rock and music of that genre and really miss the highs and brightness of components. The door speakers in these trucks are very low and don't really allow for good highs even when replacing with good speakers.

I gotta give credit to Chipsky for sharing his pictures in how he mounted his Boston components and I copied his method. I didn't want to drill huge holes in the door panels and this still keeps them tucked in tightly near the a/c vents but points them directly at you for excellent sound.

For mounting the 6.5" speaker in the door, I had to get a little creative. I don't have pictures of it unfortunately but I used the mounting ring that came with the speaker that had about 15 holes of various sizes and shapes drilled in them. I was able to match two of them to the factory top two mounting holes of the stock speakers. I then used a self tapping sheet metal screw to make the lower mount. This of course leaves openings or "voids" to each side where the opening in the door for the factory speaker size overlaps the new 6.5" speaker. I filled that small void on each side with sound deadening material and overlapped it to the mounting ring for extra strength and rigidity.

The tweeters are the only thing I have a picture of but you get the idea All in all this was a GREAT upgrade and I think doesn't stick out too much or stand out bad. The sound is an incredible improvement as well

Oh and I now have a pair of barely used 5x7" Kappa speakers for sale as well if anyone is interested

Old 08-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Architect

Received 117 Likes on 65 Posts

Very clean!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boston SR60 Components Added to System :)