Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Blew out the speakers in my 06 Screw. Need advice on a new set.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blew out the speakers in my 06 Screw. Need advice on a new set.

So I recently blew out the front and back speakers on my passenger side, and because of this have decided to upgrade speakers. I've shopped around on Amazon but I'm not sure where to start so I was wondering if I could get some opinions from y'all?

I'm not looking for anything too crazy, and would preferably like to get all 4 speakers for under $150.

I do plan on adding a sub and amp under the backseat in the near future, so if you also have advice on these, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure how you're going to find anything under $150 AND support a future Amp upgrade. Spend a few more bucks now so you don't have to later. Infinity has a decent line of inexpensive good speakers. Lots of folks have them here as an OEM upgrade and most of them would fair well with an amplifier too.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:01 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I suggest going to crutchfield.com and find out what fits your vehicle and your future amp wattage requirements to get a list of candidates. After that, find some local stores that have those speakers and listen for yourself. Only your ears are going to tell you what you like.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:09 PM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by trolliolli
So I recently blew out the front and back speakers on my passenger side, and because of this have decided to upgrade speakers. I've shopped around on Amazon but I'm not sure where to start so I was wondering if I could get some opinions from y'all?

I'm not looking for anything too crazy, and would preferably like to get all 4 speakers for under $150.

I do plan on adding a sub and amp under the backseat in the near future, so if you also have advice on these, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks!
These:
Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 8602cfx 6" x 8" / 5" x 7" two-way car audio speakers: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 8602cfx 6" x 8" / 5" x 7" two-way car audio speakers: Car Electronics

Or these:
Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB571 5-by-7-Inch Coaxial Speakers (Pair, Black): Car Electronics Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB571 5-by-7-Inch Coaxial Speakers (Pair, Black): Car Electronics

...would both be good options. Both come in pairs, so you'd need a quantity of 2 from Amazon.

Don't forget 2 sets of these to plug into the factory harness:
Amazon.com: Metra 72-5600 Speaker Adapter for Select Ford Vehicles: Electronics Amazon.com: Metra 72-5600 Speaker Adapter for Select Ford Vehicles: Electronics

Happy shopping!
Old 03-25-2014, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by barkingspud
Not sure how you're going to find anything under $150 AND support a future Amp upgrade. Spend a few more bucks now so you don't have to later. Infinity has a decent line of inexpensive good speakers. Lots of folks have them here as an OEM upgrade and most of them would fair well with an amplifier too.

I do already have an after market head unit with cables ran to the back seat for an amp, so the $150 was just for 4 speakers to fit in the doors.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:55 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

I do already have an after market head unit with cables ran to the back seat for an amp, so the $150 was just for 4 speakers to fit in the doors.
The Polks are a good choice
Old 03-27-2014, 12:25 PM

Thank you very much for the recommendations. I think I am going to go with the Polk's but I still have a question.

I purchased this vehicle with an after market head unit already installed, do I still need to get the same harnesses that you listed? Or will I get ones that are specific to my after market head unit?
Old 03-27-2014, 12:32 PM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Thank you very much for the recommendations. I think I am going to go with the Polk's but I still have a question.

I purchased this vehicle with an after market head unit already installed, do I still need to get the same harnesses that you listed? Or will I get ones that are specific to my after market head unit?
The Metra harness is just a 4-6" plug in. It's for the speaker connections inside the doors. You'll still need them as it's highly unlikely your truck was rewired at any point.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MCDavis
The Metra harness is just a 4-6" plug in. It's for the speaker connections inside the doors. You'll still need them as it's highly unlikely your truck was rewired at any point.
Awesome thanks!

Quick Reply: Blew out the speakers in my 06 Screw. Need advice on a new set.