Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

best subs and boxes for under rear seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best subs and boxes for under rear seat

everyone i have been looking at how i can get the best bass in my 2007 supercrew and still want to keep my whole back seat and i have seen a rear seat lift kit from LMI welding to get 2.5" more underneath to get more mounting depth
main question really is how much is the depth stock under the rear seat and can i fit say like some really nice 10s with a box from like foxacoustics.com and supercrewsound.com

i want to try to fit two rockford fosgate T1D410s which have a mounting depth of 6.375" and displacement of .078 Cu. ft. needed

can someone help me on fitting these or something close in quality or if its remotely possible or anyhting better?
Old 02-20-2011, 07:07 PM
First Tiger of G.R.O.S.S.

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have looked pretty heavily and there is not a box ready-made for under the back seat that will take a sub that deep. The fox boxes will fit a 6", depending on the magnet size and the taper of the sub.

That being said, you can build something custom and fit something bigger if you know what you are doing.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a guy that has a lift kit for rear seats for sale and that will help you be able to fit a larger box. Just a thought
Old 02-20-2011, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hobbes80
I have looked pretty heavily and there is not a box ready-made for under the back seat that will take a sub that deep. The fox boxes will fit a 6", depending on the magnet size and the taper of the sub.

That being said, you can build something custom and fit something bigger if you know what you are doing.
if i could get a box to fit 2 10s and it had a 6.875 and the sub needed 6.375 does that mean it will fit or is there other things i need to look at as well besides mounting depth
click here for the box you can add 5'8 of an inch to it and make it for two tens and if i get the rear seat lift for 2.5" up you think i could get it cuz idk a whole lot of what i need to take into consideration but this is the sub i would want to put but if you know something that is really good that youd know would fit let me know
Old 02-20-2011, 09:37 PM
First Tiger of G.R.O.S.S.

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

All that looks like it will work, should hit pretty hard. Only downside would be loss of storage space.

Make sure the depth is complete... the fox box I bought has a cap where the sub goes and it limited the diameter of the magnet.

Double check with the box maker, otherwise looks good.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:24 AM

Yea I will this really a thing I'm doing with my friend he got stuck two 12s a guy had under his seat in his f250 and they fit because they don't have the hump like f150 and to make it fit and go through all that trouble we wanna do something special
And if yall got any recommendations on a good true wattage amp the power the two subs that would be great
Old 03-11-2011, 03:48 PM

Default F150 Speaker Boxes

Hey you may wanna check out www.hifisoundconnection.com. I've purchased speaker boxes from them before and while reasonable on their prices, they build top quality boxes. I'm looking for one right now to fit my '03 Lariat Screw. Hope that helps....Geaux Tigers!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:40 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

May be too late, but:

See if you can find some reviews of the results of the LMI kit and make sure you're comfortable with the results. Without looking into it further, I'd almost assume that the added depth is simply a couple of spacers to move the subs down 5/8", make sure that the sub is good with only 1 3/8" of space to the floor if this is the case.

Since you're going for SPL, I highly recommend checking with the guys over at the realmofexcursion forums. I'd bet there is a better sub than the RF at that price point, especially since it only handles 600W RMS at an 83 dB sensitivity.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:17 PM

anybody have the exact dimensions for under the seat im im a 2003 f150 screw

Quick Reply: best subs and boxes for under rear seat