Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Best place to buy Audio equipment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to buy Audio equipment?

Hey so i'm looking to get the JL stealth box in my 06 Supercab. Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase this?

thanks
-WILL
Old 05-29-2010, 08:55 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Crutchfield.com
Old 05-29-2010, 09:21 PM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crutchfield is far away from the cheapest place for any audio equipment. They are a great company and provide you with lots of assistance and all, but it certainly isn't the best price.

Find the exact model you want, and use something like pricegrabber or nextag to check multiple places at once. Some good discount/cheap sellers (most are NOT authorized for online sales like crutchfield is, but unless you think you will have probs, it doesn't matter).

sonicelectronix
woofersetc
dealercostaudio
audiosavings

I'm sure there are a few other cheaper places, I don't know if all the above carry your box or not, but if they do, they will certainly all be cheaper than crutchfield.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:00 PM

i always find the product code and then google it under the shopping category.

for instance, say you want a sony XD300 (example, not if sure if that number exist) then google shop it.
can pricegrabber or nextag find it cheaper? or is there a cheaper way than google?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:22 PM

The only thing I do extra is check the site google brings up when shopping on reseller ratings .com.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:40 PM
New F-150 Owner

Originally Posted by 88rxn/a
i always find the product code and then google it under the shopping category.

for instance, say you want a sony XD300 (example, not if sure if that number exist) then google shop it.
can pricegrabber or nextag find it cheaper? or is there a cheaper way than google?
Its probably best to use a combination of them if looking for the greatest. they all do the same thing, its like using google vs bing more or less...
Old 05-30-2010, 04:28 PM

Just be warned that WoofersETC is NOT an authorized dealer on a lot of their stuff despite their claims.
Some people don't mind that but it bothers me.
I'm not 100$ about SonicElectronix being authorized but I have purchased there and had a good experience.

I've also read on the audio forums that lots of people have had problems with dealercostaudio.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:43 PM

onlinecarstereo.com is pretty cheap with a lot of their stuff too. i bought speakers from them and got them no problem
Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 PM
New F-150 Owner

Originally Posted by brocken
Just be warned that WoofersETC is NOT an authorized dealer on a lot of their stuff despite their claims.
Some people don't mind that but it bothers me.
I'm not 100$ about SonicElectronix being authorized but I have purchased there and had a good experience.

I've also read on the audio forums that lots of people have had problems with dealercostaudio.
JL anything online, is not authorized, other than crutchfield. But its practically rape at those prices. Very few online dealers are authorized to sell many of the products they do. SonicElectronix is authorized for many of its brands, but just as many it is also not, hence why SonicElectronix gives warranty and not the manufacturer. Its the easiest way to tell normally, if the warranty is from the place you are ordering, then chances are they are not an authorized dealer, if it says comes with full manufacturer warranty, then they are.

IMHO, authorized is just higher price for the same thing. If you are buying a good product, install it correctly, you should have nothing to worry about. I bought my JL amp on EBAY, and, it works great, got my speakers on audiosavings.com (only cheapest by a couple bucks, but one of the few to have the focal speakers i wanted in stock), haven't had a problem with either, both unauthorized.

So it just comes down to whatever the buyer is more comfortable with. Some people pay the extra for authorized dealers (I think crutchfield is one of if not the ONLY online dealers that is authorized to sell EVERY product they do), and some like to take the savings on the product. You really just have to be careful about getting fakes or rebranded stuff, but if you go with the more popular companies, you shouldn't have any problems. Crutchfield is a great company, I would say the best online retailer, with the amount of help they give, their knowledge of the products they carry, and the small extras like wiring diagrams of stock vehicles that come with the order, but for me, when i can get exactly the same product, find what wires I need myself, and save 50%, then the choice is easy.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:58 PM

sonicelectronics is the best online retailer. ive warranteed subs and amps and tvs throught them. who cares if there authorised. anyways there prices fluctuate.
i had a guy buy infinity speaekrs at near cost then he called me the next week and said there prices have gone up nearly double. maybe there prices are set by stock. hmm
anyways crutchfield makes a good catalog. use it just as that . and order the stuff from ebay or sonic. works great for me

Quick Reply: Best place to buy Audio equipment?