Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Best bang for under back seat

Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 AM
SkallyWag

Received 113 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Best bang for under back seat

So I've got a 2011 super crew XLT factory stereo system no sub or amp
I want to stick something nice and punchy and crisp under the back seat with no seat lift or anything stupid nice and clean and hidden like
I listen to a lot of rock and country not a lot of rap but some
What can some stereo gurus advise me towards ??
Pictures of any nice set up and brand recommendations also should the factory door speakers be up graded and to what if yes ???

Thanks guys !!

Stephen
Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 AM

Received 150 Likes on 117 Posts

I got jl audio 6x8 in all four doors and it made a great improvement over stock and im also thinking about a mtx thunderform with the built in amp.It looks factory and all in one package.Little pricey,but i like that it fits under the rear seat and looks factory.$550 also it will add to the music and not totally over power.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Promoted to Elitist Prick

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I've used infinity kappa series 6x8 component speakers for years in all of my vehicles. Powered by a jl xd 400x4. One of the best systems you will hear for the price. For under the seat I recommend using Polk audio mm series subs. Either two tens or two 12's. I have 2 12's in a sealed box down fired. Very clean bass with volume as well. I've been threw lots of combos and this is what I've found to be the best. I used a kenwood amp wired at 1 ohm to run the 12's and they never skip a beat.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

i put in a clarion am/fm/ipod/sirius head unit combined with new door speakers and a kicker hideaway sub amp combo 150w like this one
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ker-11HS8.html
it actually puts out a ton of base for its size and i managed to squeeze it under passenger front seat with minor mods to floor and wiring of seat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best bang for under back seat