Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Best $399 I have spent.....Kicker Soundgate Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best $399 I have spent.....Kicker Soundstage Upgrade

Newbie here....just picked up and used 11 Raptor SCAB and just got the 4 speaker/sub upgrade kit from Rogel and installed yesterday. Wow.....what an improvement. I was about to spend 5x the cost of this on a processor, focal speakers and a stealthbox. I am sure it would have sounded better but not 5x better. Actually installed the Supercrew Kit in my 2011 Raptor Supercab and it fits nice. The sub sticks out a little and I lost the jack mount but it is not in the way of anything. If you are thinking of spending a bunch of money I suggest you try this kit first. If you do not like it, I guarantee you someone will buy it. Rogel was helpful and it arrived in two days to Florida. Install took me about 5 hrs but it was the first time I have had the truck apart so I took my time. Enjoy.....

Last edited by Craig67; 12-20-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:04 PM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

Couldn't agree more. I love the Kicker system. Hands down the best money spent on my truck so far.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its an upgrade but I'm not very impressed with mine. One speaker rattles. I just wish there was more adjustability for frequencys and a sub volume control, but it is the stock deck I suppose
Old 12-24-2015, 04:15 AM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Cody4359
Its an upgrade but I'm not very impressed with mine. One speaker rattles. I just wish there was more adjustability for frequencys and a sub volume control, but it is the stock deck I suppose
I felt the same way and then I scrapped the factory speakers which helped overall sound and I put the speed sensitive control up to 7 which also seemed to help things but that could be in my head. I do wish I could do a firmware update to the stereo and have more control over eq but for the price its great
Old 12-24-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Cody4359
I don't know about the speaker rattle issue but a new HU does make a difference. I disconnected the a pillar tweeters after I hooked everything up. Then I put in a new HU and the little extra wattage helped the Kicker door speakers come alive. Now I am going to plug the tweeters back in.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:27 AM

Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Love mine as well! Doubles as a massager since it's under the seat behind me! It's the first sub I've ever had in any of my trucks, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I upgraded the speakers as well, and now I have the clarity and crisp sound that I was looking for to compliment the bass from the sub. For the money, this is a great upgrade. The fact that it's plug and play was the biggest selling point for me as I have no experience with this kind of stuff, but it was an incredibly easy install.

Quick Reply: Best $399 I have spent.....Kicker Soundgate Upgrade