Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Bench Seat Spacer/Riser Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Bench Seat Spacer/Riser Kit

I am getting a "taller" sub box for my '06 SuperCrew... More air space, no need for shallow subs, etc.

The mounting depth I need is 6" (5-7/8") is pretty standard for those deeper boxes.

Will I need to get a Spacer or Riser Kit for the bench? If so, where is a good site to get one and/or has someone solved this in thier basement/garage? I would perfer picking up some products/hardware at Lowes/HomeDepot and doing it myself - Yes I am handy.

I searched the Threads and didnt find anything common to this, sorry if I overlooked yours. Any and all direction is always appreciated.

Nic
Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here ya go.
6 1/8" without a seat lift kit.
http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductD...de=F150-210-04
The price includes shipping which is cheaper than the seat lift kit.

Last edited by joefox; 05-28-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:28 AM

if his box doesn't work for you here is a link to the lift bracket you were looking for.

http://www.lmiwelding.com/kits_supercab.htm

show pics when your done. please.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:00 PM

Thanks fellas...

Two lessons learned here...

1. 6 1/8" of mounting depth AND clearance legs will fit a 2004-2008 SuperCrew.
2. Everyone loves pictures...

I finished installing my new DVD player, mid/high 6x8 components in the front, 6x8 2-way in the back, and amp. Everything was relatively easy (minus the fact that I killed my battery; JV performance, I know) just sweaty and time consuming.

I couldnt get the back seat off (I took a self-proclaimed, half-assed, approach) so I didnt start the amp rack. I plan on mounting it to the rear wall of the cab, like many others have done. Concerned question I have... I plan on mounting the amps to a 'piece of wood' and then mounting the 'piece of wood. to the metal body. How do I want to tackle this WITHOUT puncturing the exterior of the vehicle?

Ill post pictures in the future when I get the subs and second amp installed. Right now the 1st amp is sitting (loose) on the floor with a "Steal Me" sticker on it.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:02 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Beechernic
I plan on mounting the amps to a 'piece of wood' and then mounting the 'piece of wood. to the metal body. How do I want to tackle this WITHOUT puncturing the exterior of the vehicle?
There is a doubled horizontal rib that goes across the back wall probably 18" from the floor, this is what the OEM stuff is attached to.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:13 PM

You can liquid nail a board to the back wall. You will need to have patience and let the adhesive set up for 24 hours before mounting anything on it.
The only problem that comes up sometimes is the thickness of the wood. You will need a board at least 1/2" thick to give the screws enough material to thread and hold and that may end up putting the amp against the back of the seat which is not good for heat dissipation.
Another alternative and it may sound crazy but it works great is hook and look tape "Velcro". You will need the good stuff.....3M brand. You can't get away with being cheap and sticking four little tabs in the corners either. A amp like a JL 500 which is approx 8" x 12" will need 4- 1"x12" strips. I've done this several times and its amazing how tough the stuff is. Velcro is usually easy to pull apart because when you pull it your only tearing apart a small portion at a time kinda like a zipper. When you mount it to something rigid like a amp you will need a big flat blade screw driver or pry bar to pull it off the wall once its attached.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:24 PM

Thanks Gator... I hadnt taken the seat off yet and was hoping that was the case. Confirmation is wonderful.

Joe... Liquid Nails and industrial velcrow were ideas that crossed my mind. Thanks for the help
Old 06-23-2010, 09:01 PM

i have a seat lift kit and box for that truck if your interested. please let me know im in kansas
Old 07-03-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not trying to revive a two year old thread or anything...but....

I am trying to get a box for the center of the bench in my truck, just wondering what you went with here Beechernic???? Im contemplating a JL stealth box or custom center up front.

Last edited by Luigi; 07-03-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm also,looking to fab or get brackets locally to lift my seat. Anyone have luck finding something at a local shop to do this (Lowes, Home Depot).

Quick Reply: Bench Seat Spacer/Riser Kit