Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Basic upgrade 2010 screw

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic upgrade 2010 screw

I have been following the site for a while now and I have read lots of posts about stereo upgrades.

Here is what I am wanting to do. My truck is a leased vehicle for work and we replace our vehicles every 3 years. I don't know if I will buy it out at the end of the lease or not. That all depends on the market come that time. Anyway I would like to get a bit better sound but I don't want to go as far as installing an amp. I just want to do the door speakers front and rear. Is it worth it? Will a good quality set of speakers make any difference?

Looking for your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I upgraded the front speakers with Infinity Reference component speakers, & it didn't make a difference. So i added an amp to power those speakers, still sounds like crap. I think I hafta replace the HU to get any sort of decent sound outta this thing. The stereo just sounds flat.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:14 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

You would have to get an LOC that you can adjust the signals as the stock HU doesnt have the best signals. I replaced my HU first then put in Infinity Kappa's and they sound amazing running off of just the deck power!

Quick Reply: Basic upgrade 2010 screw