Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Basic Question: Radio Remote??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 09:42 PM

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Basic Question: Radio Remote??

Okay, here's my situation.. My truck is a 2008 5.4L Lariat Supercrew (Chrome/Tow Package).. Truck came with a Visteon VNMC-1000, 7" Entertainment Center w/ everything I've ever seen/thought of - Navigation, SiriusXM, iPod, USB, USB2, Mini-USB, SD Card, Movie/Stream/Pictures, Back-Up Cam, etc, etc - Great.. Everything works and I love it. Even have the PAC that allows you to use your Steering wheel controls as well.

Visteon Webpage - "Effective January 2010 - Visteon no longer offers products for the North American independent aftermarket." (See this link for more info if you're curious why - http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...t-visteon.html)

The previous owner "lost" the REMOTE CONTROL.. Don't NEED it, I would just like to have it... A) Anyone know of how to get a Visteon Remote Control (I'm speaking with Visteon Rep tomorrow..doesn't sound promising), B) Has anyone successfully used a "Universal Remote", C) Any other options? - I'm not using a "AM/FM Transmitter or iPod/iPhone adapter" that comes with a remote.. Nothing that plugs into an outlet or power source.. Just a good ole remote.. Thanks for any suggestions/answers.

Edit: The radio IS Bluetooth capable, I figured that would be the way to go, but couldn't get straight answer from Radio Shack/Best Buy/Audio places...

Last edited by RowdyAggie; 07-31-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Basic Question: Radio Remote??