Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

AVH-P4400BH Install Problems

Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Red 04 FX4 Screw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default AVH-P4400BH Install Problems

Hey All,

I am hoping you all can help me with a few questions.

I installed the head unit with no issues. Sounds great and I love it.

It did have the sub pop that everyone discussed. I also had ordered the parking brake bypass and just received that in.

I first installed the parking brake bypass. I was able to watch DVD's on the unit but I could not get the video's from my iphone to play. I have the CDIU200V cable. Pioneer came out with the 201V cable for the 4400BH. Does anyone know if I have to have the 201V instead of the 200V? Pandora radio works fine with the head unit.

After I got done with the brake bypass, I installed the 5V regulator. I hooked everything back up and now the sub pop is gone but now the brake bypass isn't working again. Any idea why wiring the 5V reg in would cause the brake bypass to not work now?

I wired regulator in before the brake bypass, should I maybe put the regulator after the brake bypass?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Put the regulator in after and I think that will fix the bypass problem.
Are you getting the sound from the ipod videos but not the picture?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Red 04 FX4 Screw

Hey, thanks for the input. I don't get sound or video from my iphone. Pandora does work as normal though. Sound and artwork. Any idea about the video from the phone?

Thanks,
Old 03-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Red 04 FX4 Screw

I think I may have figured it out. I thought that the 3.5mm jack was for using audio from an MP3 player or non iphone device. I was told that that cable should be plugged into the back of the head unit instead.

stupid me. Can anyone confirm? Guess I should read directions sometimes and not assume.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Fergusmj
Hey, thanks for the input. I don't get sound or video from my iphone. Pandora does work as normal though. Sound and artwork. Any idea about the video from the phone?

Thanks,
You will need an adapter to watch video on the iphone. It will use the external video/audio input.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Fergusmj
I think I may have figured it out. I thought that the 3.5mm jack was for using audio from an MP3 player or non iphone device. I was told that that cable should be plugged into the back of the head unit instead.

stupid me. Can anyone confirm? Guess I should read directions sometimes and not assume.
You should be able to get audio from the front jack. Make sure you have the correct plug on your cable. You will need to switch to that input on the 4400.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AVH-P4400BH Install Problems