Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Audison Bit Ten in a 2014 F-150 with Sony and Nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 04:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audison Bit Ten in a 2014 F-150 with Sony and Nav

Hey guys, I'm going to be installing an Audison Bit Ten on Monday and I had a couple of questions. First, the Bit Ten has 4 channels of input so I was planning on using the FL and FR mid and tweeter. Does anyone know for certain if the Front Speakers/tweeters will give me a full range signal? Crutchfield says yes and I've seen several threads on other forums that say yes, but a few have said no. Looking for a definitive answer here.
Also, I've seen that a weird quirk of the Sony amp that comes with the upgraded Sony Sounds System can start acting funny if it doesn't sense the load of the speaker. Did anyone have to do anything special to get the Bit Ten to work? Or just wire it straight into the speaker outputs from the Sony Amp? Thanks!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:24 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CriticalMach
Hey guys, I'm going to be installing an Audison Bit Ten on Monday and I had a couple of questions. First, the Bit Ten has 4 channels of input so I was planning on using the FL and FR mid and tweeter. Does anyone know for certain if the Front Speakers/tweeters will give me a full range signal? Crutchfield says yes and I've seen several threads on other forums that say yes, but a few have said no. Looking for a definitive answer here.
Also, I've seen that a weird quirk of the Sony amp that comes with the upgraded Sony Sounds System can start acting funny if it doesn't sense the load of the speaker. Did anyone have to do anything special to get the Bit Ten to work? Or just wire it straight into the speaker outputs from the Sony Amp? Thanks!
The 2015 Sony gives full signal after summing front mids and highs, I am assuming 2014 should be the same.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kraken
The 2015 Sony gives full signal after summing front mids and highs, I am assuming 2014 should be the same.
Hmm, I know the 2015 and up are considered a new generation. There were a couple of changes to the audio system. You're probably right, I doubt they would change something like that. At least I won't have the fake engine noise issue to contend with!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:21 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by CriticalMach
In a previous thread some added resisters. Some didn't. I would try it without first.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:46 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I added resistors just to be safe, my system has been great since my install. It wasn't worth a blown amp if i needed it. I used the front tweeter and mids and i have a clean full range signal.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:23 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

What Shelbie67 said on the tweeter/mid connection. Should work fine.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi.. I am new here and introduced myself in the introduction thread..

[advertising removed]

Last edited by Martian; 03-18-2016 at 11:39 AM. Reason: advertising removed
Old 03-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

Originally Posted by OEMRadio
Hi.. I am new here and introduced myself in the introduction thread..

[advertising removed]
PMd you.

Last edited by Martian; 03-18-2016 at 11:39 AM. Reason: advertising removed
Old 03-18-2016, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I answered.. thanks..

Quick Reply: Audison Bit Ten in a 2014 F-150 with Sony and Nav