Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Audio System Components Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Audio System Components Ordered

Hello all,

The following components for my audio system upgrade are on order.

Pioneer AVH-4100NEX
Alpine PDX-V9
Sundown Audio SD-3 10 4D
Alpine SPR-60C
SoundOffAudio subwoofer box

I would be forever grateful for advice on gauge of wire, tools and other miscellaneous items that I will need or have forgotten. I plan on restoring my steering wheel controls as well so I know I will need to order that adapter.

I plan on doing the Big 3 before I install all the components. I am really excited to start this project. I drive 35 minutes one way to work each day and can't wait to hear sound amazing audio.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know there has got to be a F150 audio guru lurking out in this forum somewhere. Just received some of the items today and really need advice on gauge of wire for speakers and subwoofer. I am pretty mechanically inclined and just need a little guidance. Anyone who has tackled this project please chime in. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-08-2016, 06:13 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by '04 FSU F-150
I know there has got to be a F150 audio guru lurking out in this forum somewhere. Just received some of the items today and really need advice on gauge of wire for speakers and subwoofer. I am pretty mechanically inclined and just need a little guidance. Anyone who has tackled this project please chime in. Thanks for the help!
You need an amp wiring kit. I would use 14-12 gauge wire for the speakers. I like the Aswc-1 for the STC.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Frito Bandito

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dont need any special tools per se: wire stripper, crimper, screwdrivers, for sure an 8, 6 and 5.5mm sockets for the doors, i believe the radio is also 6mm screws.

ASWC should work as well, there is also Maestro but not sure it will work for an 04.

Im planning on 10-12 ga wire for speakers and 8-10 for sub. Knuconceptz is a great place to buy if you do not have wire already.

Quick Reply: Audio System Components Ordered