Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

An audio novice in need of help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default An audio novice in need of help

So I have installed 4 of these in my truck (Infinity Kappa's) and now I find myself wanting more. I'm thinking of adding a single sub, possibly an SD-2 10 D2 from Sundown Audio in a single 10 box from supercrew sound. Now comes the part where I have no idea what to do, the amp. I don't want to get a sub, amp it and then completely drown out my speakers, so would I need two amps? Or a 5 channel to run everything off of? Any help would be appreciated, if anyone has any questions I will reply as soon as I can. Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:43 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertoemt
So I have installed 4 of these in my truck (Infinity Kappa's) and now I find myself wanting more. I'm thinking of adding a single sub, possibly an SD-2 10 D2 from Sundown Audio in a single 10 box from supercrew sound. Now comes the part where I have no idea what to do, the amp. I don't want to get a sub, amp it and then completely drown out my speakers, so would I need two amps? Or a 5 channel to run everything off of? Any help would be appreciated, if anyone has any questions I will reply as soon as I can. Thanks again.
You could it without an amp for your door speakers first. You don't say what your HU is.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab

You could it without an amp for your door speakers first. You don't say what your HU is.
Oh sorry it's just the stock head unit.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:19 PM
BlackWater

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With that sub personaly I would run 2 seperate amps as trying to find a 5 Channel that puts out 500+ watts mono rms is going to be hard.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:48 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

You can get a five channel, just run the sub, and then expand if you want to.
That's what I did, although I'm happy enough now that I don't think I'm gonna bother amping the front/rears. I had to get an RCA splitter to run the front line lever inputs (I used the tweed feeds through an Line Output Converter) to both front and rear inputs on the amp for it to work, but now I love it.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mrfreeze

With that sub personaly I would run 2 seperate amps as trying to find a 5 Channel that puts out 500+ watts mono rms is going to be hard.
Any recommendations on amps to do so? I have a budget of about 600 for the amps.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:16 AM

Default What about this amp?

So I shopped around a bit and I came across
this amp this amp
. I was wondering if anyone has any input on it.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:32 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

So I shopped around a bit and I came across this amp. I was wondering if anyone has any input on it.
Looks like a sweet amp with good reviews.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:44 PM
BlackWater

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a good amp, I just personaly think that its over priced.

For a budget of $600 you could get 2 nice amps for under that price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rockford-Fosgate-P500-4-Punch-Series-Multi-Channel-Car-Audio-Amplifier-/400484140294?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item5d3eb70506
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P500-1BD-500W-Class-BD-Monoblock-Amplifier-/151043211207?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item232ae07fc7&vxp=mtr
Old 07-29-2013, 11:16 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

for your budget i would get a double din hu for around 300.. then run a mono amp for the sub, you can easily do that for 600. then if you are not happy after that you can get the alpine KTp445U the nice thing about the alpine is that you can stuff it in the dash and dont have to rewire every speaker.

Quick Reply: An audio novice in need of help