Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Audio Brands

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Brands

What is the best Auto Audio Brand in everyones opinion?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Wow... That is kind of an open ended question. What specifically are you inquiring about so we (loganberry, IrMark) can accurately fill you in on wich brands you should look into.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:17 PM

Kicker!!!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 PM

It really depends on what you are looking for man. If you are looking for a cd player or something like that I would recommend Pioneer. If you are talking more about speakers and subs then it really depends on the person. I think Kicker and JL are good but VERY overpriced. Some of the best sounding subs that I have ever heard are DC Sound Labs. They sound damn good. Speaker wise I really like Infinity.

If you could be a little more detailed, that would really help dude.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:32 PM

My bad for not being specifac enough. I'm talking about everything like the head unit, speakers, amplifier, and subs.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:38 PM
DrTito

Originally Posted by massbrandon
It really depends on what you are looking for man. If you are looking for a cd player or something like that I would recommend Pioneer. If you are talking more about speakers and subs then it really depends on the person. I think Kicker and JL are good but VERY overpriced. Some of the best sounding subs that I have ever heard are DC Sound Labs. They sound damn good. Speaker wise I really like Infinity.

If you could be a little more detailed, that would really help dude.
+ 1 on that. Pioneer makes some good head units, kicker and JL audio are great plus there made in the USA for easy repair and warenty. (amps, speakers and what not.)

Stay away from eclpise and other newer brands that look nice most will fail and the company will deny you repair or reinbersment
Old 06-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by DrTito
Stay away from eclpise and other newer brands that look nice most will fail and the company will deny you repair or reinbersment
Down boy... A little salt in a wound??
Old 06-12-2009, 06:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

every company shines in some area...i love pioneer decks personally. i have had all kinds of equipment in the past--clarion pro audio, kicker, mtx, nakamichi (spelling) pioneer, polk, blaukpunkt (sp) and it's all better than stock.

i buy all my decks from best buy with the 4yr warranty--when i drop a grand on a deck , i wanna be able to take it somewhere and have it fixed on the spot, or replaced. electronic claims on the phone/mail is nothing but hassle IMO and i hate not having tunes.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Huh?

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stay away from JVC.. i swear every JVC head unit ive ever had messes up.. they fail to read he disc after a short time.. and its not just me go on google and seach.. youll find page after page of complants all saying wen they put the CD in it reads "please eject"... I agree with the others Pioneer head units are probably the best.. but kenwood seems to be pretty good to.. my sister has had the same kenwood in her car for 8 years now.. all the print on the buttons are wore off but it still plays perfect..

as far as amps and subs.. I dont know about that kinda stuff because i listen to rock and heavy metal.. and with some bands having double bass lines it tends to just make a sub go into a constant vibration.. so unless i wanted every one in my truck thinking there was an earthquake or somthing i dont put that kinda stuff n my truck lol...

However my brother in law does alot with car audio and i see him useing alot of JL kicker and rockford fosgate subs so i suppose they must be good..
Old 06-12-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by TheLoudestSilence
as far as amps and subs.. I dont know about that kinda stuff because i listen to rock and heavy metal.. and with some bands having double bass lines it tends to just make a sub go into a constant vibration.. so unless i wanted every one in my truck thinking there was an earthquake or somthing i dont put that kinda stuff n my truck lol...
I listen to hard rock and metal, and I have two Polk Audio 8" subs. They keep up and they sound clean even on super fast bass lines.

Quick Reply: Audio Brands