Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

is the aoem-frd24 adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default is the aoem-frd24 adjustable?

i had limited time today to completely install finish the install of my 4 channel amp, mono amp, front and rear speakers and sub. i did however place and install both of my amps, subwoofer (pro box), and rear speaker. therefore, the front speakers are still stock (of course not adjustable).

i have my gains ALL THE WAY DOWN on the amps ( 5.0Volts ) and with not even 1/2 volume the music volume is too loud to really adjust the speakers. the rear speakers volume is exactly the same as the front and i can't adjust them down a tad.

i want to be able to not blow my speakers so i like to set the gains on the amps with 80% volume but of course i can't even get the volume up near that high.

is there a way to adjust down the pac audio converter? it looks like the box on the unit is an overly high line converter. i do see down deep into the holes are phillip screws.

i hope somebody can help me out. if not i guess i'll just have to deal with the high voltage with it or find a way to drop the voltage. bass ***** on both?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:56 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

What do you mean by adjust the speakers?

Aren't the little screwholes on the PAC level controls for each channel?

Also, you don't need to go to 80% with the HU to set gains, it's probably already distorting at 2/3-3/4 volume or so. You can use the fader to get a better front to back stage.
The following users liked this post:
atxval (09-14-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by xoliex
i had limited time today to completely install finish the install of my 4 channel amp, mono amp, front and rear speakers and sub. i did however place and install both of my amps, subwoofer (pro box), and rear speaker. therefore, the front speakers are still stock (of course not adjustable).

i have my gains ALL THE WAY DOWN on the amps ( 5.0Volts ) and with not even 1/2 volume the music volume is too loud to really adjust the speakers. the rear speakers volume is exactly the same as the front and i can't adjust them down a tad.

i want to be able to not blow my speakers so i like to set the gains on the amps with 80% volume but of course i can't even get the volume up near that high.

is there a way to adjust down the pac audio converter? it looks like the box on the unit is an overly high line converter. i do see down deep into the holes are phillip screws.

i hope somebody can help me out. if not i guess i'll just have to deal with the high voltage with it or find a way to drop the voltage. bass ***** on both?
Yes you can adjust the level on the PAC by using the screws in the holes. They are very touchy. My amp level was also all the way down when I used the PAC
Old 09-13-2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Yes you can adjust the level on the PAC by using the screws in the holes. They are very touchy. My amp level was also all the way down when I used the PAC

awesomeness, only problem is you can't adjust it while the radio is on because you have to completely reinstall the whole panel to get it to work and if that panel is on there, you can't get to the line driver.

for my gains to be ALL THE WAY DOWN and the volume to be too loud, i believe the voltage is higher than 5 volts. the bottom setting of the gains is 5 volts. generally on a typical line driver you can raise voltage to 9 voltage, i don't think this pac is raising it that high but its probably right around 5 or more.

for the voltage, i'm splitting the front channel rca's to the 4 channel and i'm splitting the one rca's just before the amp. therefore, there is no fade, and the fade will have to be done with the gain settings. since they are sharing voltage this one will need to be adjusted less.

on the mono amp, i have a voltage/rca bass **** so i can cut the voltage there but i like to set the gains with 80% turn so i can completely cut out the bass or put a little more juice is needed but not too much more. with this one, it needs to be adjusted down much more.

when we say they are touchy, are we speaking of an 1/8 turn lower voltage a whole volt? how touchy is touchy?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:14 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by xoliex
awesomeness, only problem is you can't adjust it while the radio is on because you have to completely reinstall the whole panel to get it to work and if that panel is on there, you can't get to the line driver.

for my gains to be ALL THE WAY DOWN and the volume to be too loud, i believe the voltage is higher than 5 volts. the bottom setting of the gains is 5 volts. generally on a typical line driver you can raise voltage to 9 voltage, i don't think this pac is raising it that high but its probably right around 5 or more.

for the voltage, i'm splitting the front channel rca's to the 4 channel and i'm splitting the one rca's just before the amp. therefore, there is no fade, and the fade will have to be done with the gain settings. since they are sharing voltage this one will need to be adjusted less.

on the mono amp, i have a voltage/rca bass **** so i can cut the voltage there but i like to set the gains with 80% turn so i can completely cut out the bass or put a little more juice is needed but not too much more. with this one, it needs to be adjusted down much more.

when we say they are touchy, are we speaking of an 1/8 turn lower voltage a whole volt? how touchy is touchy?
Never measured the voltage I mean the the POTs adjust very quickly so you don't need to move them much for there to be a difference in level.
I needed to change mine a couple times before I had it right
Old 09-14-2012, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Never measured the voltage I mean the the POTs adjust very quickly so you don't need to move them much for there to be a difference in level.
I needed to change mine a couple times before I had it right

i guess to keep that stock looking appearance it takes a little more work cuz i/you will have to keep going behind the radio panel to adjust the screws without being able to listen to the difference.

my would be to have the volume at 1/2 and have the gain all the way down but be able to get the music to almost nothing. i like settings gains to where i can't blow the speakers at all.

Quick Reply: is the aoem-frd24 adjustable?