Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Anyone Using the IDQS subs??

Old 05-06-2015, 08:38 AM
BlyVegas12F150

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone Using the IDQS subs??

I know I've already posted on here once about sub selection and that this topic gets beat to death but I need some help.

I was originally planning to get a fox box but have since changed my mind. One I've always preferred the sealed box and just don't have any desire to shake my doors off anymore. Two, I can't stand that the manufacturer doesn't answer emails. Taking care of your customer is a big deal to me.

So I've moved on to a sealed box which presents a whole new set of problems. I don't want to lift my seats and I want to buy something prefabbed as I don't want to sacrifice anymore of my time to this stereo build. I'm still working on sound and vibration dampening and with a new baby around I just can't afford any more time. So it appears that I'm limited to roughly 5-5.25" of mounting depth unless I can find someone to make me a box which I haven't ruled out. That still leaves a bunch of options for subwoofers and I can't make up my mind. All I have is 600 Wrms to play with so here is what I'm considering:

As the title implies I'm strongly considering the IDQS subs but there is ZERO information out there about them. I can't find a single person who has commented on using them not to mention the ID website doesn’t have the complete spec sheet for these subs like they do the rest of the lineup. Anyone heard about them good or bad? If I go this route I can get 2 10s or even 2 12s but that is an expensive proposition. Getting 2 10s saves $100 but I primarily listen to Rap so the 12s make more sense. Still I'll occasionally listen to everything but country so it needs to be versatile.

My other consideration is a single SD2-10. This would obviously be the cheapest option but I'm not as worried about the financial aspect as I'm having the sound quality with the ability to move some air when I want to. I haven't heard of anyone being disappionted with these but they usually have two and I only have amp for one and I'm not adding another amp.

Some other options include the W1v3 10, the alpine and JL shallow mounts or the BMKIV. I'm not a kicker or pioneer sub fan and at one point I had two Type-R twelves which I really liked but not sure I want to pay 500+ for a single shallow 12. If I could find them I would get the MKIV but they are no longer produced and I'm not going to wait/pay for the MKV. Plus from what I understand about them I want a little bit more output than they provide.

Thanks I appreciate the help.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:43 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Probably not the help you are looking for but if the IDQS is anything like the rest of the line up I think you will be perfectly happy. ID has always focused more on SQ than shaking your doors off and I'm sure they carried that over to the S.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:15 PM
BlyVegas12F150

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you 03Mach1. Apparently those subs arent in production yet I just got off the phone with them. I did find out that I can probably fit ID10 v.4 in that space so I might be going with those.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone Using the IDQS subs??