Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Anyone using the existing Sirius Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Anyone using the existing Sirius Antenna

Like my other thread, I want t get a new HU that has Navigation and Bluetooth. Is anyone using the stock satellite antenna that comes with Sync in lieu of the antenna that comes with the HU?

I am 99% sure I will be getting a Pioneer HU if that matters. Or am I barking up the wrong tree thinking that the Sirius antenna would work for GPS?

Thanks,

troutspinner
Old 02-18-2014, 07:15 PM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

The satellite radio (stock) is just for Sirius. You'll still have to use the GPS antenna that comes with your aftermarket nav unit for it's GPS.

If you're also wondering about using the stock satellite radio antenna to plug into an aftermarket satellite radio tuner....you can use it by taking the little adapter plug off the end of it. But since you have to remove that adapter plug it will have an extremely loose connection to the aftermarket radio tuner....but it will work as long as you tape it in there or something. I ended up just installing the aftermarket satellite antenna that came with the satellite tuner so it had a better fit. Unfortunately it only worked on XM instead of Sirius and the reception was really weak...so I ended up cancelling my satellite subscription and have been using iTunes Radio ever since.

Quick Reply: Anyone using the existing Sirius Antenna