Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Anyone install a complete sound system in a 2009 or newer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone install a complete sound system in a 2009 or newer?

I am looking to install a completely new sound system in my 2009 platinum. I know for sure that im going with Boston components in my doors so I am mostly looking for some ideas mainly with sub boxes, sub sizes, and how many subs. Post your pics of your systems and let me know what it roughly cost if you dont find. Also im keeping the stock headunit (navi w/ sync) has anyone put a JL Cleansweep or an LC6 ??? Thanks

Old 01-25-2010, 05:48 PM
01 f150 4x4 v6 5 speed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive used jl clean sweeps many times they work great jl makes great stuff id say use there componants in the front some coaxels in rear and then like a w3 10 floor fireing under the back seat i have 1 10 in my truck its not crazy but sounds mint my dad has the same set up in his chevy truck sounds great
Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 PM

i did. hit me up if you have any questions, ill help all i can.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone install a complete sound system in a 2009 or newer?-1107090850.jpg  
Attached Images    
Old 01-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Raptor Owner

I did a complete install and posted lots of info and pics. U have to search and look around a little instead of just getting on here and posting a question.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:26 PM

Khusson1 I looked at your threads but I didnt see a finished product. I have several questions for you. What type of subs did you go with? Looked like 2 tw5's...Also what door speakers did you use? Was that a JL cleansweep that I saw bc I am sticking with my stock nav unit too and is it worth it?. Also what did it cost you to get that system if you dont mind I got a quote for 3000 which included 2 sets of Boston SR Components, 2 Bostons in the rear doors, 4 JL 8W3 subwoofers with custom box with the subs firing out toward the front of the truck, 2 rocksford-fosgate amps with kits, dynamat the entire cab, and a Viper 5901 alarm all installed.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Raptor Owner

Good price quote! Imo, anyhow. You will need the cleansweep and the signal summing device by JL. Or go with the rockford fosgate 3sixty (like both jl components in 1). Check out raptorforumz.com for the finished pics. I know 8w7s will NOT fit under the back seat of my raptor! Yes, two 13tw5s.. down firing. I used mb quart separates (6x8s) in the front and same size coaxials in the rear. In my opinion it is completely worth it. I would recommend you hang around and watch the installation. One to make sure they do all theyre saying, and 2 so u can learn about it all. I always installed my own systems and i learner alot by watching. My original plan was for 4 8w7s under the seat. I bought 2 and they didnt fit (i was very dissappointed!) So i returned them and got 2 tw5s. They hit hard and tight! Pm me if you need more info.

Quick Reply: Anyone install a complete sound system in a 2009 or newer?