Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Anyone have a JL Audio CS110LG-TW3 PowerWedge

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone have a JL Audio CS110LG-TW3 PowerWedge

Just wondering if anyone has one of these subs in their truck: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OXVshwq...110LG-TW3.html

I'm sure it would sound decent in a trunk or rear firing SUV, but wondering what it would sound like under the seat of my crew cab?
Old 11-07-2014, 09:26 PM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

I had the 8" ported version of that box in my prior truck, a 2006 FX4 SCrew. Paired it to a 200w monoblock amp from JL also. It was loud for an 8" and would shake the mirrors. That 10" variant should pound for a single 10". JL seems to do a nice job of tuning their boxes to their subs. To really help it sound "big", you'll want to down-fire it into the floor. I had my shop put two small feet on the 8" box so that it could breathe a little and so that the grille didn't lay on the carpet.

You could do better, and you could do much worse. It's a nice loaded box for the money.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:38 PM

Received 398 Likes on 336 Posts

I don't have that box but I have that subwoofer. Works great in my homemade box. Be sure that will fit under your seat. It would not fit under the seat of my SC.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by MCDavis
I had the 8" ported version of that box in my prior truck, a 2006 FX4 SCrew. Paired it to a 200w monoblock amp from JL also. It was loud for an 8" and would shake the mirrors. That 10" variant should pound for a single 10". JL seems to do a nice job of tuning their boxes to their subs. To really help it sound "big", you'll want to down-fire it into the floor. I had my shop put two small feet on the 8" box so that it could breathe a little and so that the grille didn't lay on the carpet.

You could do better, and you could do much worse. It's a nice loaded box for the money.
Appreciate the feedback. If the 10" doesn't fit properly I may look at the 8" so that is good to hear.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Feathermerchant
I don't have that box but I have that subwoofer. Works great in my homemade box. Be sure that will fit under your seat. It would not fit under the seat of my SC.
I didn't measure yet, but good to know. I have a 2011 FX4 Supercrew and want a box to sit under the small side of the seat if possible, but be easily removable as needed. Any pics of your custom box?
Old 11-07-2014, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Boaters
Appreciate the feedback. If the 10" doesn't fit properly I may look at the 8" so that is good to hear.
The 10" will fit.
I can say this as I went to the shop that typically does my work, and they let me grab it and walk it out to the truck. It's a nice fit under the seat...in fact the sloped/slanted box with the 10" is a slightly better fit. Both work though.

In the end I went with the Kicker Substage as it fit my budget and wants a little more. I was looking at this JL box, the 300w JL mono amp, a cleansweap, the amp gain control switch and the power harness. It came out near a grand and I wasn't prepared for that bullet. The Kicker was half the cost, and ends up to be about three-quarter the sound quality.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by MCDavis
The 10" will fit.
I can say this as I went to the shop that typically does my work, and they let me grab it and walk it out to the truck. It's a nice fit under the seat...in fact the sloped/slanted box with the 10" is a slightly better fit. Both work though.

In the end I went with the Kicker Substage as it fit my budget and wants a little more. I was looking at this JL box, the 300w JL mono amp, a cleansweap, the amp gain control switch and the power harness. It came out near a grand and I wasn't prepared for that bullet. The Kicker was half the cost, and ends up to be about three-quarter the sound quality.
Good to know. I already have an amp or I would definitely look at the substage. That goes across the long part of the bench though correct? I'm looking for something to fit on the small side and easily removable when I have to haul the German Shepherds back there.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Boaters
Good to know. I already have an amp or I would definitely look at the substage. That goes across the long part of the bench though correct? I'm looking for something to fit on the small side and easily removable when I have to haul the German Shepherds back there.
In the SCrew it sits on the passenger side beneath the smaller portion of the fold up. It's relatively easy to remove too. 3 bolts and a plug. The same should apply to your JL box though, especially if you can locate the amp behind the seat back.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have this exact sub fits allright sticks out a tiny bit like 3 inches but looks great and sounds amazing wouldn't trade it for one that fit right under if my life depended on it
The following users liked this post:
Boaters (11-07-2014)
Old 11-07-2014, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by beach_boardz
I have this exact sub fits allright sticks out a tiny bit like 3 inches but looks great and sounds amazing wouldn't trade it for one that fit right under if my life depended on it
Yeah I'm not so worried about it sticking out a bit cause the car seat is always on that side anyway. Any pics with it in your truck by chance? You're pretty happy with the sound though? I'll probably power it with a JL Audio 5 Channel amp and am not looking for anything crazy. Typically listen to rock, alt, or country so just want something with some clean tight bass.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a JL Audio CS110LG-TW3 PowerWedge