Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Anyone familiar with the Audison Bit One?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with the Audison Bit One?

Local custom stereo shop recommends I go with this instead of JL Cleansweep or Alpine's unit.

I am not going to be installing this. I am saving money to get stereo installed by someone who knows what they are doing. I want to keep factory head unit and sync functionality.

This unit is ~$1k, which is considerably more than the JL or Alpine units.

I guess what I am wondering is if anyone here has one installed, or has heard one? Worth the coin?

Patrick
Old 05-09-2012, 04:59 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick Ryan
Local custom stereo shop recommends I go with this instead of JL Cleansweep or Alpine's unit.

I am not going to be installing this. I am saving money to get stereo installed by someone who knows what they are doing. I want to keep factory head unit and sync functionality.

This unit is ~$1k, which is considerably more than the JL or Alpine units.

I guess what I am wondering is if anyone here has one installed, or has heard one? Worth the coin?

Patrick
Send Joeboost a message, he can tell you more about the Bit one that I because of personal experience.

I wouldn't say its considerable more than the equivalent alpine unit.
If you get the RUX controller for the new alpine processor it will run you about 1K. The bit one comes with its own controller.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PXAH...-PXA-H800.html
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500RUXC...-RUX-C800.html

Obviously Audison has the "High-end" name and sells amazing products but I wouldn't be surprised if the Alpine unit has the same general functions and offers a true single din style remote, which is great for Ford trucks. Gives you the availability to put a controller and a HU in the same place(double din).

I was not aware JL made a high end processor, I dont really consider the Cleansweep as a true processor. JBL sells a great one, the MS-8.

But all in all, I would rather have the Audison by a slight margin over the Alpine PXA- H800. Depending on your headunit of course.

Note: alot of processor are mainly for factory integration and usually not on the same level as say the; Bit one or PXA.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

The BitOne is a great DSP and does it all - 248 bands across 8 channels, high/low level inputs, alignment/delay, phase control, per channel level control, de-eq, etc, etc. In the hands of a capable tuner (any DSP for that matter) you should end up with a mouth dropping experience once done.

It has a nice PC based app for tuning so much simpler than working through a small screen or HU (trust me on this one - I miss the Bitone interface compared to the HU DSP controls). In any case you cant go wrong with a Bitone.

The remote control is fairly basic and small so it can mount anywhere - I have it velcro'd to the left side of the dash. It has 4 presets and controls for vol/fade/sub/source selection.

I have one that I am hesitantly selling for $650.00 + shipping + paypal fees (unless gifted). Its 3 months old - I moved to a Pioneer P99 HU that has built in DSP so I no longer need it.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Hey JoeBoost. Is the Bit one worth the extra money over the Bit Ten? If so, why? Thanks!!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by clpeller
Hey JoeBoost. Is the Bit one worth the extra money over the Bit Ten? If so, why? Thanks!!
Wasn't trying to be rude with the link, just trying to help out.

Can you tell us your setup, so we can sort of guide you in the right direction with the appropriate DSP.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:04 AM

More channels both in/out, faster/better processor, level setting done in software, lots of stuff you can read on their website I honestly haven't played with the 10s so cant say much about how they perform. After my research I determined the Bitone was the way to go as I didnt want to be messing with mechanical settings on the DSP and amps. After I heard it in a buddys setup I was sold.

Im borderline on not selling it as Im not sure the P99 is going to stay in my dash. While its the best available HU in the market for SQ its a bitch to tune compared to the Bitone. Lots of money tied up in the two so something has to go.

It did a tremendous job getting my factory HU and install to stage/image better. Night and day is an understatement.

Last edited by JoeBoost; 05-10-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:12 AM

Also, an added advantage is the multiple settings for different seating/listening positions. Obviously each seat will have the sound/frequencies hitting you at different times. The bit one solves that with a place=able mic and a quick software tune-up for any seating arrangement. Most high-end dsp's can do this, but the bit-one offers many more amenities than most others.

Joe should be able to go more in depth with the software than I can, I have personally never owned a bit-one. Reading the specs on that thing can be over-whelming so I wanted to add that lil bit
Old 05-10-2012, 12:38 AM

You can download the software here http://elettromedia-usa.com/event-sc...ch-tips/bitone click on the BitOne software icon and unpac the zip.

It will install, throw a couple errors but should load. You can see all the prgrammable features in "offline" mode.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ibd2328
Wasn't trying to be rude with the link, just trying to help out.

Can you tell us your setup, so we can sort of guide you in the right direction with the appropriate DSP.
Haha. Don't worry about it man. I didn't take it as rude at all, I appreciate you pointing me here.

As far as setup, I'll be running four DC Audio LVL2M2 8" subs in a half wall on a 3.5K DC Amp. As far as components go, I'll be using RE Audio 6.5" XXX Components (Front and rear) on a DC Audio 175.4. This current set up is a test. It's going to see if I miss having a rear seat or not. If I don't miss it, I'll probably put in 4 more 8's on another 3.5K. If I do miss it, I'll build a new box for under the seat with 4 front firing 8's. lol.

Here's a pic of the box I'll be running

Originally Posted by JoeBoost
You can download the software here http://elettromedia-usa.com/event-sc...ch-tips/bitone click on the BitOne software icon and unpac the zip.

It will install, throw a couple errors but should load. You can see all the prgrammable features in "offline" mode.
Not going to lie, even just the stuff that's posted on the website is a little above my head. A good friend knows a lot more about this stuff than I do, but I just wanted some outside opinions. Chances are good I'll be getting the Bit one, just got to find a better price than the locally quoted $900 (before any install).

Last edited by clpeller; 05-10-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:02 AM

hances are good I'll be getting the Bit one, just got to find a better price than the locally quoted $900 (before any install).
$650 US + shipping and you can have mine.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with the Audison Bit One?