Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Anyone ever add factory nav to an 04 lariat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever add factory nav to an 04 lariat?

I have a 2004 lariat crew cab with the 6 disc cd and audiophile subwoofer. I love this sound system!! However I want to add factory navigation to it. I looked up nav radios on eBay and I can't find any that are already pre programmed or come with programming. I don't want to send it somewhere to have it programmed. But I did read how some people have had success by pulling out a navigation system from a certain car and having their steering wheel radio controls and subwoofer still work. So my question is, is there any specific ford/lincoln/mercury vehicle navigation systems out there that will work perfectly with my truck? Also I found one online that is pulled out of a mark lt. I'm assuming that would have the same sound system as my truck so should I order it and just hook it up and hope for the best?
Old 08-05-2016, 11:26 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Fordfusion5531
I have a 2004 lariat crew cab with the 6 disc cd and audiophile subwoofer. I love this sound system!! However I want to add factory navigation to it. I looked up nav radios on eBay and I can't find any that are already pre programmed or come with programming. I don't want to send it somewhere to have it programmed. But I did read how some people have had success by pulling out a navigation system from a certain car and having their steering wheel radio controls and subwoofer still work. So my question is, is there any specific ford/lincoln/mercury vehicle navigation systems out there that will work perfectly with my truck? Also I found one online that is pulled out of a mark lt. I'm assuming that would have the same sound system as my truck so should I order it and just hook it up and hope for the best?
I would keep looking. You can get it programmed at the dealer and you will need a GPS antenna also.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:12 AM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

You can get any of the 04-10 Ford factory navs reprogrammed for your vehicle thru two different companies. I forget their name names but one is in Chicago and the other was in New Jersey. About $150 shipping included. The dealer can not re-program these. If You buy one from a Mark LT it will have a silver background and a Mercury logo but will work.
The simple answer for you is buy one from a F150,250,350 or 450. You will have to buy a GPS antenna that sits under the dash and depending on the radio antenna you may need to buy a Chrysler antenna adapter.
There are multiple units on Ebay. Make sure you Google the part number to verify it came from a F series. Sellers advertise that the radio is for a F150 when in fact it is not.
There are many threads on this site about installation.

Hope this helps, George

Quick Reply: Anyone ever add factory nav to an 04 lariat?