Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Any of you guys know a little bit about audio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 11:05 PM

Received 229 Likes on 200 Posts
Default Any of you guys know a little bit about audio?

If the recent issue with my truck is minor like I'm hoping,I'm gonna finally get my sound system after talking about it for two months. I came across this kit for $165 and it seems a little too good to be true since a shop gave me a $485 quote with install for a similar setup. So,is this a good setup? I don't know much about audio. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kicker-TCompS-40TCWS104-10-600W-Car-Loaded-Subwoofer-Sub-Box-Amplifier-Amp-Kit-/390583627713?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5af0992fc1#ht_5437wt_1255
Old 06-02-2013, 11:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not a bad deal but what you're really paying for is the brand name on the enclosure. Kicker makes a great product but this is an entry level sub. I had 4 of these in perfect sized boxes at max rms and peak power. It sounded good but when I upgraded to CompVR's there was no comparison. Another thing is the amp that comes with it is in no way putting out that much max power to a single 4 ohm voice coil. What kind of setup are you looking for exactly? I've found that stereos come down to budget more than anything instead of number or size of subs and amps. Everything has to work together in the correct setup or else you're wasting money...
Old 06-02-2013, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correction, you CAN bridge the amp in to a single load but run the chance of blowing the sub. Doubtful, but still possible. Usually your off brand amps don't make the power they claim but Kicker is good at rating their products imo. It would be an ok setup to start with and easy to install. All depends on what you want to get out of it
Old 06-02-2013, 11:55 PM

Received 229 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by 97' F250-LD
Correction, you CAN bridge the amp in to a single load but run the chance of blowing the sub. Doubtful, but still possible. Usually your off brand amps don't make the power they claim but Kicker is good at rating their products imo. It would be an ok setup to start with and easy to install. All depends on what you want to get out of it
I just want a little something extra,not looking to have the best thing on the market.

Quick Reply: Any of you guys know a little bit about audio?