Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Antenna replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Antenna replacement?

I've got a 97 F150 I purchased a few months ago. I really only listen to the radio and only a few CD's. Well, I had zero radio reception so I tore the dash apart and pulled out the old aftermarket CD player. I found the antenna cable and was completely rusted. My plan was to splice into it so I cut it back and found there was actually water in the cable itself. Obviously, this isn't any good. Is there a DIY somewhere on here that shows how to run a new antenna cable? Or has anyone run something new some other way? I started to poke around and it looks like It will be rather difficult to get a new cable in there without removing the whole front interior. I've got a short antenna cable 2-3 feet long ( that I had planned on splicing to the old cable) that I can plug into the back of the stereo and get "some" reception, but not much.

Any ideas on how to get some radio reception?
Thanks!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by yakfish
I've got a 97 F150 I purchased a few months ago. I really only listen to the radio and only a few CD's. Well, I had zero radio reception so I tore the dash apart and pulled out the old aftermarket CD player. I found the antenna cable and was completely rusted. My plan was to splice into it so I cut it back and found there was actually water in the cable itself. Obviously, this isn't any good. Is there a DIY somewhere on here that shows how to run a new antenna cable? Or has anyone run something new some other way? I started to poke around and it looks like It will be rather difficult to get a new cable in there without removing the whole front interior. I've got a short antenna cable 2-3 feet long ( that I had planned on splicing to the old cable) that I can plug into the back of the stereo and get "some" reception, but not much.

Any ideas on how to get some radio reception?
Thanks!
I would get a wiring fish tape and tie it to the end of the bad cable. Pull out the old antenna from the fender and then attach the cable from the new antenna and pull it back to the radio.

Quick Reply: Antenna replacement?