Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Amplifier Remote Turn On 2014 MFT System

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amplifier Remote Turn On 2014 MFT System

Does anyone know what circuit can be used for an aftermarket amplifier remote turn on?

I have seen post about tapping into fuse 38 but I would rather have a permanent connection if possible.

Sorry if this has been covered before. I have been searching for a couple of hours and I have come up empty.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:23 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Most amplifiers these days have remote turn on via speaker input "auto sensing"
Old 08-16-2015, 09:43 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by dawaro
Does anyone know what circuit can be used for an aftermarket amplifier remote turn on?

I have seen post about tapping into fuse 38 but I would rather have a permanent connection if possible.

Sorry if this has been covered before. I have been searching for a couple of hours and I have come up empty.
Fuse 38 is your best best but my any switched power source will do. I found one under the dash to use for my amp. Use your test light to find one.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have actually decided to use the remote enable for the Sony amp along with a 6 volt relay.

I may not even need it since I have the sensing circuit on my Audio Control pieces but I would like to have it there just in case. I have heard good and bad stories about using the sensing circuit. I didn't want to have to come back later and rip everything out to run a single 16ga wire...
Old 08-20-2015, 06:28 AM
New to F150s

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First hand experience with Audio Controls "turn on sense" for me: sucks

I had an LC6 in my previous vehicle and when the volume was turned down really low to where the music would be slight background noise: amp would turn off. Ended up running a wire for turn on

I had that piece in my possession and sold it to a friend of mine to add amp and sub to his car that had the "Beats by Dre" system in it and tried to get away with using the audio sense feature again: also turned off when music was low, so ended up finding a switched lead for turn on

Quick Reply: Amplifier Remote Turn On 2014 MFT System