Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

amp wiring question/power light not on

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default amp wiring question/power light not on

So I am in the process of wiring up my amp in my 2013 screw, and the power light is flashing instead of staying a solid red. I do not have it hooked up to my sub yet as it started to rain. What is causing it to flash, a bad ground, or just where I am drawing my power from? The main 4 guage wire runs right to one of the hookups on the battery, and the switched power is coming from a tap a fuse thats plugged into fuse #38. And when I hook up the switched power wire to my main power wire it still flashes. I guess I will try an new ground spot tomorrow if its not raining. I tested the power wires and they both read 14. Where is the best spot to run your ground to? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by pikeman; 07-24-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: add some more words
Old 07-24-2013, 09:14 PM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by pikeman
So I am in the process of wiring up my amp in my 2013 screw, and the power light is flashing instead of staying a solid red. I do not have it hooked up to my sub yet as it started to rain. What is causing it to flash, a bad ground, or just where I am drawing my power from? The main 4 guage wire runs right to one of the hookups on the battery, and the switched power is coming from a tap a fuse thats plugged into fuse #38. And when I hook up the switched power wire to my main power wire it still flashes. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Probably cause you don't have the sub hooked up. I never connected it to power until the last. That way you don't have to worry about blowing anything. What kind of amp is it? Usually they light up when they have power, but don't or flash when they are blown
Old 07-24-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a old amp I had for quite awhile, its a majestic MA-9300sw. It worked just fine when I took it out of my old truck last week.

Quick Reply: amp wiring question/power light not on