Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Amp wiring question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Amp wiring question?

I'm slowly getting my system together. I have some Phoenix Gold Components for the front and just ordered this Amp http://www.woofersetc.com/p5721/V754--Phoenix-Gold-Ryval-1000-Watt-4Channel-Amplifier.htm
I intend on getting a subwoofer also. So this is my wiring question. I want to drive my front components off the amp but drive my factory rear speakers off the factory head unit. I want to bridge the Amp to run the sub off the remaining two channels. Here in lies my question, Do I tap into the rear speakers wires for the input to the Amp?(the amp has speaker level inputs) Since the rear speakers are going to be driven off the same speaker wires will this screw something up. I mean since there will already be the load from those speakers,then I also run to the Amp will it be to much for the head unit?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:18 AM
2020 Sport

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

You want:

Channel 1 and 2 to run front components
Channel 3 and 4 bridged for sub
Rear speakers run off headunit

If this is correct then just take your rear speakers out and install your new rear speakers and use the stock wires in the door which are attached to your headunit.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:47 AM

Yep thats what I want to do but I was thinking if I tap into the rears to input to the amp. When I fade out the stock rear speakers I will also be fading out the sub. Now I wonder do I splice the front speaker wires to input into both the front and rear inputs on the amp. This is so confusing.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:00 AM

Never mind. I just downloaded the manual and found there is a switch to power the entire amp off of just the front speaker inputs. That makes thing much easier.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:28 PM
2020 Sport

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

The only thing you wire to the amp is your front speakers and sub. Don't worry about the rear speakers and connecting them to any part of the amp. You have full control over the rear speakers from your headunit.

Quick Reply: Amp wiring question?