Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Amp Wiring Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 12:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Amp Wiring Kit

My Local audio shop is going to run my power and remote wire for me. I would rather not fight running the wire. They are doing it for $70 which I think is fair. Can someone point me in the direction of a good reasonably priced wiring kit. My system will include mrp-m1000 and two swr-1043D subs. Thanks for the help!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$70 to run 2 wires! All you do is go through the firewall and along the platic diamond plate trim. I would do it for $20 and take a whole 5 minutes!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did my own too took me about 15 minutes.

$70 that is way too much! Most places charge $35 to install an amp you purchase from them.

Seriously you can do this yourself!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will give it a go. How do you get from the end of the trim in the back to your amp with no wires showing? Once the trim is removed, will I just run it under the carpet?

Any suggestions on the wiring kit?
Old 12-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

Scosche makes decently priced wiring kits, I have a 680 watt one for $20, and the 1200 or something is like $25. You can find them at walmart easy
Old 12-01-2010, 07:28 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Knukonceptz.com
Old 12-01-2010, 07:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Memphis Blue
I will give it a go. How do you get from the end of the trim in the back to your amp with no wires showing? Once the trim is removed, will I just run it under the carpet?

there is a channel you can follow and everything will tuck back just as neatly.

I went in the grommet on the fire wall just above the steering colum and zip tied my wires in the back of the engine compartment.

I'm an idiot and if i can do it so can you. The guys here have answered all my questions and given insight when needed. You may have to be persistent with the search function, but its all here. I will try to help as i am newbie too. Most guys on here have been very helpful, but they hate to spoon feed anyone. If you cant find an answer on the search then just holler out !!!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

I've wired numerous vehicles. If I cannot find the wire channel, I just run it under the carpet. I never use that huge **** wire. No reason.

Agreed- $70.00 is way too much unless they are paying for the pos. wire, remote wire, and RCAs as well as a fuse block, etc. and hooking it up to your battery. If they are doing all of that, $70.00 is a great deal.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORB8
Knukonceptz.com
I second knukonceptz.com. I bought my amp kit from them, based on Gator's recommendation and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the amp kit.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Memphis Blue

Pull the plastic door sill trim up and run it under there. Run it behind the plastic pillar trims as well. It's not hard, just take your time and be mindful. Don't take it to a shop, waste of money and you're already dumping a lot of cash out for the system. You can run the RCA cables on the other side so there's not too many bulky wires on one side. If you need any help, PM me...I've done a lot of systems for myself and friends.

Quick Reply: Amp Wiring Kit