Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Amp Turnoff Pop

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp Turnoff Pop

I just swapped out my speakers and wired the stock HU with an Alpine PDX-5 and Audiocontrol DQL-8. The DQL-8 is powering up by sensing the input signal, then the amp is getting it's remote on from the DQL-8. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the loud pop at shutdown. I assume this pop is generated by the amp powering off. How do I eliminate this?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dont run the remote wire from the ac module, run it right off the hu that should fix your problem
Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 PM

I have an 09 and there is no schematic I can find to identify it. That is why I chose the setup I have. I tried to color code the speaker wires back to the HU, but the inline plugs must change colors because they didn't match from the speakers to the HU. I had to backtrack and go back into the doors to pull the source leads. I didn't cut anything in the dash, consequently. Do you have any information as to where I tie into, or will I have to contact the dealer service dept for wiring?
BTW... thanks for the response.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Car Audio Junkie

any time, im here to help with the audio section

what you can do is take a simple 18-22 gauge wire, cheap 2 dollar toggle switch, run 1 end to a hot source, other end into the remote wire, try that before splicing into your factory harness
Old 04-03-2009, 11:38 PM

I thought about that as well. I'm not in a situation (multiple drivers) where I can have an overly complicated shutdown sequence. I have seen an inline delay at some sites this evening. Is that something I might try?
Old 04-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Car Audio Junkie

it shouldnt be a problem, the audiocontrol is a great unit and your stock hu has not been touched, try the toggle, if that dosnt work then ill give you the link to a soft stop/start inline filter
Old 04-04-2009, 03:33 PM

I stopped by the local install place and I got this smirky look and the comment that it obviously wasn't wired right. I said thanks, and went to Ace and bought a toggle switch. It works great. Thanks. As soon as I can get my hands on a schematic for the factory HU, I'll pull the remote trigger off that for the amp. Until then, this will do fine.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:48 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Its not the best way but you could wire into the fuse box...I used....I forget which fuse, would have to look, and wrapped the remote wire around one end of the fuse and plugged it back in.

DISCLAIMER: you need to find out which side of the fuse is hot so you know how to plug the fuse back in. Make sure the wire ends up on the cold side...thats how mine is done right now.

Quick Reply: Amp Turnoff Pop