Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

amp/sub popping fuse

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question amp/sub popping fuse

I'm a newbie to all of this so bare with me. I recently bought a used harley davidson edition f150 and I love it!! So while exploring everything I found the amp/sub box under the rear seat. While being courious I turned on the stereo to see how it produced, and noticed it wasn't working. So first thing was to check the manual and find the fuse. Once finding the right number I found that the 25amp fuse was blown. I was happy for the easy fixb but as soon as I placed the new fuse in, it popped. I tried again thinking I may have been the culpret, and once again it popped. I figured a short or bad ground but don't know what to check or look for due to my current lack of knowledge about the truck. Please help!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You just need to search the load side of the wire running from the fuse block to the accesory. Trace it all the way to the point of failer

Last edited by bigshane90; 04-20-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 AM

Going to start traceing wires first thing this morning. Just how hard is it to remove dash panels and what not, to trace all of the wires?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Mmm u got me bub it shouldn't be that hard I would use a meter forsure and probe the wire then use continuity to see if it's grounded (touch the red lead to the wire then the black to ground with a meter) start at the source where the fuse is blowing. And you never kno what it could be internal component failer or maybe somebody else knows more or a typical scenario these trucks have
Old 04-20-2011, 12:20 PM

Lightbulb

Thanks for the help man......after checking everything (wiring) I decided to unplug the amp and try the fuse! It didn't pop so I unbolted the amp and pulled off the cover....amp is fried!!! Called the garage and for 90$ they'll have one here Friday. So now I'm tore between buying another OEM amp or upgrading the system!! Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: amp/sub popping fuse