Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Amp and Processor turn on but no SOUND!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 08:38 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Amp and Processor turn on but no SOUND!!

My dad has a 2013 Platinum with NAV and the Sony sound upgrade. We recently installed an AudioControl LC8i that feeds a 5 channel Alpine amp. The LC8i uses the GTO as a turn on, then we used the turn on lead output from the LC8i and fed the Alpine amp.

We tapped into all of the speaker feeds at the output of the stock Sony amp under the console. Removed the middle plug on the amp which includes all the outputs, cut them and sent the output back to the LC8i then RCAs send the signal to the 5 channel amp, then the amp send the sign back under the console where its connected back to the stock speaker wiring. The whole set up is somewhat like this guys: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...50-raptor.html but no cleansweep.

He finally ran the power and ground last night only to find out the amp and processor turn on but no sound comes out. I know there is sometimes an issue using the GTO function on the processor with a Sony amp but it appears we are one of the few that got it to work since all the lights on both amp and processor are turning on.

Spark note: used PUTPUT from stock Sony amp to feed processor per a call we had with AudioControl, now no sound

We are to double check the feeds (making sure we used the right wires to feed the processor and to leave the amp) into the processor with a test speaker, theoretically the speaker should play music and since the processor is turning on there appears to be load in those wires.

We are also going to test the RCAs between the two units. They are Amazon 1.5' cables so we are questioning their integrity.

Anyways, is there anything else we should look at before we start ripping his console out again?

Quick Reply: Amp and Processor turn on but no SOUND!!